California-Bay Area

Cheap Venues in San Fran

Ok so now that I feel like I can plan a wedding in San Fran I need some cheaper venues.  I have already looked at many and I am researching prices for some that I saw recommended like the axis cafe.  Also I have looked at here comes the guide but everything seems to be pretty pricy. 
So here is what I would like:
Be able to accommodate 80-100 people (that number is flexible)
Have a place to dance
Ideally indoors
And I don't want to spend more than $2000 (that is even a lot)  I would be more than happy with $1500....

Can you girls help?

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Cheap Venues in San Fran

• bethcarriebethcarrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you willing to consider Berkeley or does it need to be in SF?  The Brazilian Room in Tilden Park offers discounts on weekdays and you would be well under budget.  
  • edited December 2011
    The Clubhouse at Stern Grove
    Certain locations in the Presidio
    Swedenborgian Church

Concordia Argonaut Club, San Francisco

Temple Emmanuel-El, San Francisco

Central YMCA (Boardroom), San Francisco

Jewish Community Center, San Francisco

Congregation Sherith Israel, San Francisco

Haven't checked out the last 5. Might this weekend.

• jennmwardjennmward member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at the Hamilton Ballroom.  http://www.sites.google.com/site/thehamiltonballroom/home-1
    I recently met with Danielle, and I loved the place.  The groomzilla was not such a fan.  But the prices are wonderful for the heart of SF, and there were only a few restrictions as far as vendors.  Click on rates and regulations to figure out the price for when your wedding is.  Good luck!
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try Yelp for venues, too. That's how I found mine.

Reese is having her reception at a restaurant in SF and she said she got a good deal. Let me find it.

ETA: Here it is. Axis Cafe and Gallery.
    http://tands91011.weebly.com/axis.html
    http://axis-cafe.com/
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I'll check them out!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• taferry174taferry174 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are right that the Brazilian is pretty cheap to rent on a weekday; however they have a list of caterers that you must use (unless you opt out).  The caterers are SUPER expensive.  I called around, as we were looking into the BR and they quoted me at $7000 or even $9800 for food for up to 100 guests.  I thought it would be more reasonable since the venue is so cheap, but I guess that's where they get you.  My fiancee and I are beginning to look into other options as we wanted to stick to a $10,000 budget.....
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Log Cabin in the Presidio?  Until our guest list blossemed, we wanted to have our wedding there, and we met with a caterer that often sodes events there - An Affair to Remember - that seemed really cool about starting with your budget and helping you to figure out how to make everything happen within that. I am new to all of this, but I guess that they can keep things inexpensive by being a "one stop shopping" kind of company.  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards