Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Party dance

If you are having a wedding party dance (basically the dance where wedding party starts it and then everyone can join in)...what are you doing?  I was thinking Smile by Uncle Kracker...I feel like their is way too many songs to pick for the DJ :)
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Party dance

• courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be a cute song for the wedding party!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing a Wedding Party dance.  I guess they can be fun but it seems to "fad"ish for me.
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cb977d9a-6bcc-4250-9ddc-664b0f26df41Post:7b66b854-1cbd-4d4c-a423-f8d2b7d4967d">Re: Wedding Party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not doing a Wedding Party dance.  I guess they can be fun but it seems to "fad"ish for me.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't do one either. I think they're incredibly outdated not to mention they can be very awkward if some of the people in your wedding party barely know each other. </div><div>
    </div><div>My cousin had one except the bridal party members danced with their dates. Seemed a lot more nice and fun. </div>
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing one, but not a slow dance so they don't feel awkward dancing with one other person. I think we might do "Cupid's Shuffle" so it's silly and fun and then others can join in if they like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cb977d9a-6bcc-4250-9ddc-664b0f26df41Post:20f47022-c82d-4ef0-8543-874d39930367">Re: Wedding Party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing one, <strong>but not a slow dance so they don't feel awkward dancing with one other person.</strong> I think we might do "Cupid's Shuffle" so it's silly and fun and then others can join in if they like.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

This.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do one. They generally aren't looked upon very highly around here. It can become very awkward to put your WP in the spotlight like that. If they want to dance with each other or request a special song, then fine. I know a lot of our WP just danced together just on their own accord.
  • pretzelgrrlpretzelgrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But isn't your wedding party in the spotlight when they announce their names when they come in or are you not doing that either
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cb977d9a-6bcc-4250-9ddc-664b0f26df41Post:20f47022-c82d-4ef0-8543-874d39930367">Re: Wedding Party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing one, but not a slow dance so they don't feel awkward dancing with one other person. I think we might do "Cupid's Shuffle" so it's silly and fun and then others can join in if they like.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]
    Fun!! I love cheesy dance songs. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen a WP dance in decades, and for good reason.  They're boring for guests to have to watch, and uncomfortable for members of the WP. 

And boring and uncomfortable aren't words I'd want associated with my wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cb977d9a-6bcc-4250-9ddc-664b0f26df41Post:f07f8475-9015-466f-b0a2-b22825a3a6e7">Re: Wedding Party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen a WP dance in decades, and for good reason.  They're boring for guests to have to watch, and uncomfortable for members of the WP.  And boring and uncomfortable aren't words I'd want associated with my wedding.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]
        I guess I don't get this because they wouldn't be watching for long since the wedding party dances for very little then the dj invites everyone on the dance floor since it is a song they would watch it for less than a minute...Or is this not how most people do it? 
        It is a tradition that I have seen at recent weddings...plus members of my wedding party want it so I would feel rude dropping it.  But, I don't know what songs to pick since I don't obviously want a total love fest song.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'd still just skip it.  After your dance, simply have the dj invite all guests to join you on the dance floor. Why do you need to put in the additional step of the WP dancing first?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess mostly tradition much like the parent dances...isn't that why we have those...plus as I said some of my wedding party are looking forward to it.
    Anniversary
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice (Country) I picked it because it is cute, not sexual, and only like 2.5 minutes which is good because most of the couples walking down together are not friends and I don't want them to be in akward situations for too long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_wedding-party-dance-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cb977d9a-6bcc-4250-9ddc-664b0f26df41Post:51fe1973-7e91-42ab-8829-76c0f89c54e5">Re: Wedding Party dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice (Country) I picked it because it is cute, not sexual, and only like 2.5 minutes which is good because most of the couples walking down together are not friends and<strong> I don't want them to be in akward situations for too long.</strong>
    Posted by lilcassers[/QUOTE]

How very, um,  thoughtful of you. =/

But don't you think it would be better not to put them in an awkward situation at all instead of "for a short time"?
  • wrigley1121wrigley1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that in Vegas? If so I've stood there and took a pic too!! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards