Wedding Reception Forum

Goofy props for dancefloor

Anyone having goofy props to give to the people on the dancefloor? I went to a wedding once where they passed around ballons, boas, sunglasses and several other goofy props that people could get silly with on the dancefloor, it was actually a lot of fun, I really wanted to do this, just wondering if anyone else has done this or is thinking about doing it? If so, what props are you using?

Re: Goofy props for dancefloor

• Thanks Milkduds but Im not really interested in a photobooth, although I know they are fun :)
  • We had glow bracelets...  It was a total surpirse to me.  The GM went out to Target after the RD and bought every single last pack in the store.  They got the kind that can be linked together easily. 

After the dance started the GM opened up the packs and everyone went crazy.  My dad's friends were wearing them like earrings, people had them looped through their suitcoat buttons.  Old and young alike were wearing them.  It was fun and looks great in the pictures. 

I've never seen props done anywhere else...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LOL I love the glow bracelets!! Maybe glow sticks would be cool, great idea!
  • glow bracelets would be fun!  i think other props on a dancefloor are kind of cheesy though........sorry.  just my style, that doesn't mean others wouldn't like it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_goofy-props-dancefloor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:75c18a5c-60c1-4782-b532-af6954464b80Post:02bd1ce0-5a54-4f67-8228-87af4ceef344">Re: Goofy props for dancefloor</a>:
    [QUOTE]glow bracelets would be fun!  i think other props on a dancefloor are kind of cheesy though........sorry.  just my style, that doesn't mean others wouldn't like it.
    Posted by arrabelle[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally agree with this. We'll have a prop box in the photobooth but that's it. (Maybe glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces now?) but I just don't want to think about people throwing props around on the dancefloor or them getting stepped on (and yes, it's a possibility that they'll get damaged in the photobooth too) but I just think people can have fun dancing without props</div>
  • shoebieshoebie member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited May 2011
    Yes, www.orientaltrading.com has a nice selection of cheap things, blow up instruments glow necklaces glasses hats etc.... I do not think its cheesy at all and its your wedding do as you please :)
  • edited September 2013
    My cousin had mini tambourines passed out during the last few hours of the reception, and I thought it was cheesy at first.. but when everyone is drinking, it got people involved on the dance floor who wouldn't normally dance. Anyone can bang a tambourine, everyone was on the floor and we embraced the cheesiness of it all. It was so much fun and everyone had a blast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards