California-Bay Area

Dream Inn, Santa Cruz, CA - amazing place for a wedding!

We had our wedding reception at the Dream Inn in October of 2010, after having the ceremony at Lighthouse Point in Santa Cruz.  Aurora Smith was so amazing – she helped us not only with the reception, but gave us advice on many aspects of wedding planning that we didn’t know about.  I really don’t know what we would have done without her.

The Dream Inn was a perfect place to have the reception – the views of Monterey Bay and the beach were beautiful and our photographer had us slip away and walk down to the beach to take some of the best pictures of the whole event while everyone was drinking and eating.  The staff was great, they clearly really know how to organize a wedding and everything was just perfect. 

Also, we had most of our guests stay at the Dream Inn and they LOVED IT!  We had a lot of out of town guests, and a good friend of my husband’s had a brunch the morning of the wedding for everyone poolside at the Dream Inn which was a great way for people to hang out in a relaxed manner before the big event. 

In more than one area, Aurora really went the extra mile, which made the day worry-free.  We felt all along the planning process – and especially the day of the event – that we were a special couple with a special event (even though the Dream Inn does a lot of weddings).  It really was Aurora’s touch that made everything amazing.  As an indicator of this, we got tons of compliments from our guests about the whole event.

Re: Dream Inn, Santa Cruz, CA - amazing place for a wedding!

• MandaAnneMandaAnne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this... I'll definitely be checking this place out!!

Can you share more about your ceremony location, and any other interesting ceremony locations in the immediate area that you may have considered/would recommend I consider?

Thanks so much!
  • emblakesleeemblakeslee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just secured my venue at Castle House & Gardens in Boony Doon. It's a beautiful private home with an abundant garden for the ceremony and then a poolside courtyard area for the reception.  It is at the top of my price range though.  For a better deal there is Cocoanut Grove and Senson House.  There is always Hollins House or Kenolyn for spectacular views, but more money.  What type of venue are you looking for?   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards