bridal bouquet
4 bridesmaids bouquets
5 boutineres
2 mom's wrist crosages

Re: Flowers- How much will this cost?

• jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, I don't know because I just started planning...but my guess is like $1000. 
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what flowers you want to use and if they're in season.  I would just start shopping around and see the different price quotes.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Ryan at M's Flowers in Montebello.  They can work on your budget, so long as it is reasonable. 
  • edited December 2011
    It all depends on your flowers.  My estimate is based up on market price of flowers after almost a year and a half of floral design classes in preparation for my wedding.

Two large arrangments can be anywhere from $75 to $150 per piece. So $150 to $300 right there.  They can be more, but anything over that is too much imo.

Average bridal bouquet is anywhere from $100 to $150 <--that's because bouquets are labor intensitve so even though the flowers are cheap sometimes it takes awhile to put one together.

Bridesmaid bouquets vary from $50 to $70 each.

Bouts are typically anywhere from $8 to $16 depending on the flower<--this one of those things I seriously recommend DIYing the florist is making a killing on those. Like upwards of 800% profit.

Corsages again are about the same as bouts, from $8 to $30 depending on the flowers.  Again I highly recommend DIYing.

On the cheapside you could easily get it for $500, middle range $750 and $1000 if your on the high end.  Also factor in handling: is your florist going to just deliver them rather than set them up?  Etc.  The devil is always in the details.

Definitely pick your flowers in season.  And go by color rather than flowers.  Also know which flowers are available year round like roses, gerberas, statice, and certain types of orchids.

I can also tell you that flowers are a pain in the rear to DIY because they are such a last minute thing.  I was up until 1 am doing my bridal bouquet the night before the wedding along with bouts and bridesmaid bouquets and though they came out beautiful and I paid $850 for all my flowers(centerpieces included because DIYed everything), I would have gladly paid twice as much just to have had less stress.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards