Tennessee

Sticky Subjects Question - help

My fiance is great and I love him very much.

I have a question. 

Here is the background: Yesterday, he was originally suppose to meet me at one of the smokehouses we hang out at.  Then I get a phone call stating that his boss said he had to go over to the bar they were at.  I told him to let me know he was headed my way and he said ok.  To make a long story short, I get a call from his cell and instead of him, it is one of the customers that we have hung out with before saying for me to come back over to the bar that he is at.  I told them due to traffic, I wasn't going to go over there.  When I got back on the phone with him I told him I was just going to go home and I would talk to him when he got home (at this point he was still happy go giddy).  He said he wasn't going to be long and would give me a call soon because he was pretty disgusted with what was going on there and he would tell me later.  After I got home, Several texts were exchanged and then I hadn't heard from him by the time I was going to bed, so I gave him a call.  He snapped at me and said he would about to head home and he was catching up with some old friend and that he would take to me later. Well, 11:30 came around he gave me a call on his way home and started complaining that I am sucking the life out of him, he should be able to go and hang out with whoever he wants without me wanting to know his every move. Then complained that I text him three times while he was on the phone with the owner of the place he works at and that he doesn't want me to text him because I am annoying.  I tried to tell him I wasn't trying to track his every move - that communication is key. Then he proceeded tell me I shouldn't send my poetry texts anymore because I haven't done it in a while and it just made it look like I didn't trust him. Then he said I bored him because all we do is the same thing over and over - sitting at home watching TV. However, it usually isn't me who just wants to go home - it is him because he is so stressed out from his job. The entire time I could definitely tell he had way too much to drink and was drunk.

Question: Am I in the wrong here? OR is it something else entirerly? I have a feeling that because I am currently unemployed, that is putting an unnecessary strain on him.  I just want to know if I am in the wrong, please let me know.  I felt like everything that wasn't my fault and everything I had to say was not being heard - instead was just intensifying his frustration. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Sticky Subjects Question - help

• edited December 2011
    I don' t think you were wrong. I agree that communication is the key to any relationship. I think that he is stressed out and at this point it could be almost unbearable for him. On the other hand, he is a man. I know that sounds bad, but they all have their moments, just as women do. I suggest just let him have this breather and let him collect himself and don't sweat this spat. If any of the words concerned you then you need to discuss it face to face when things have calmed down, but if not just let it go. Sometimes people say what they don't mean. Everything will be ok:)
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_sticky-subjects-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:125Discussion:8b0671df-f177-4f57-9242-1e55e1dc2db7Post:d222d8af-adee-4a5d-887f-0e1e389662cd">Re: Sticky Subjects Question - help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don' t think you were wrong. I agree that communication is the key to any relationship. I think that he is stressed out and at this point it could be almost unbearable for him. On the other hand, he is a man. I know that sounds bad, but they all have their moments, just as women do. I suggest just let him have this breather and let him collect himself and don't sweat this spat. If any of the words concerned you then you need to discuss it face to face when things have calmed down, but if not just let it go. Sometimes people say what they don't mean. Everything will be ok:)
    Posted by kwillia139[/QUOTE]

This. Stress brings out the worst in everyone. Just give him a while to cool down :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards