Second Weddings
Options

Fellow Moms...

I was just wondering, is it just me, or does weight go to all the wrong places once you've had a child? My son will be two soon and I had been losing weight steadily since he was born.... up until a few months ago. I have gained a bit of weight and it is all going straight to my stomach! :( I have weighed more than I do now but before it was pretty evenly distributed.
I bought some shorts in my "normal" size a couple days ago, only to get home and discover that they didn't fit at ALL, and just now at work the cleaning lady asked if I was pregnant! Doesn't help at all that my period just started as well. Uggghhh.

Thinking maybe I would lose some weight if I went out back and dug a grave for myself! LOL. How humiliating. She didn't even apologize.

Re: Fellow Moms...

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I've only had one child but know, for sure, that my abs have never been what they were before pregnancy.  It was not about weight for me, definitely about muscle -- mass and tone.  Even though other parts of my body have been in better shape, from time to time since then, I could never get my abs back. 

Oh, and gravity plays a role in this as well.  I have friends who've never had kids, not gained more than 5 lbs in 20 years, and experience a shift in body parts -- breasts, abs, hips, thighs -- that is unholy.

Give yourself a break.  Real women's bodies do not bounce back instantaneously from pregnancy.  By "real" I mean women who do not have chefs, nutritionists, personal trainers, nannies, etc.  Buy your shorts in a larger size and keep moving forward. 
  • Options
    I completely feel for you. Three kids, two by c-sections, and my stomach will never be the same. I work out constantly and have these tone fit legs and thin arms and this bulge in my stomach. It gets better if I really don't eat much, but that is no way to live. Honestly if I could lose two inches off my tummy I would drop from a 10 to a 4 or 6 in pant sizes. 
    Just buy to larger size and start working on it. You may have to try a few different exercise routines but something may work for you. Good luck and hang in there. The cleaning lady is an arse. 
  • Options
    As a woman of a certain age in the middle 50's, I've found over time that there are a lot of changes in my body, as well as that of my friends who are close in age. It happens.

I lost 25 lbs in 12 weeks with Weight Watchers about 4 years ago. It was marvelous! I put some of that back on before my wedding last August, but oy vey, since the wedding, I hate to say I've "let myself go", but there doesn't seem to be the same focus on my weight as there was a while ago.

Between my 20's and 50's I think I put on 5 -10 lbs per decade. The shift of inches due to gravity, or whatever else happens with aging has been unpleasant.

I have had 2 kids, the first by c-section 25 yrs ago, the 2nd a VBAC 17 years ago. For me, the change was more shifting than added weight, those muscles don't always bounce back like they used to.

I say I really don't care about the weight shifting/gain since the wedding, but it's starting to bug me. I have a job I do at home, in front of a computer for hours. I don't even walk to my car in the garage, or from a garage or parking lot near an office into the office. It's my own battle and one that I frankly have to take up, if for no other reason than it's unhealthy to be so sedentary.

Good luck to everyone who is fighting this battle. And I agree, the cleaning lady is an arse.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat...I've had two boys c-section (who are now 6 & 8) and most of my weight is in my stomach and rear! my legs and arms are toned but I hate the middle part...I have tried eating better and gave up Mt. Dew for a long time (have only recently gone back to it due to stress)...I bought work out tapes, have done Zumba and other stuff but the tummy is still there...Good luck and like the other ladies said, give yourself a break...it will come off if you work at it (unfortunately there is no magic pill that I'm aware of) and the cleaning lady is definitely an arse! Hang in there :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards