California-Bay Area

Bay Area Knotties - Need your planning tips!

Hey NorCal brides,

I need your planning secrets. Basically, what planning tips would you give to other brides in the area? Maybe where to take great photos in the Bay Area or a cool downtown San Jose pub crawl, a great place for a day-after brunch, best wedding lingerie or where to take advantage of local food? Any tips that are unique to your area for brides. Tell me what’s up.
Thanks in advance and have a great week!

KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Bay Area Knotties - Need your planning tips!

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My planning tip is to use Yelp.com. Yeah, it's available in lots of locations now, but it's a San Francisco-based company, and it's probably more comprehensive for the Bay Area than anywhere else.

I used Yelp to find my venue and most of my vendors.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll ditto Leia and recommend yelp as well.  SF is a strong yelp community, so more likely than not, reputable vendors will be reviewed on yelp.  Oh, and if you love your vendor, I'd recommend that you write him/her up on yelp too -- I always told my new-in-the-business vendors that I would, and they thanked me because all of their business is up!

My favorite photo-op places:
    1. Ocean Beach
    2. Napa valley -- I think anything by the vines is super pretty
    3. Along Palm Dr. on Stanford University Campus
    4. less recognizable: the Pulgas Water Temple in Redwood City <--also a great place for a random nice walk
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our rehearsal dinner at Il Fornaio near the Embarcadero.  They have amazing food, and it has a beautiful ambiance!

My favorite restaurant is Greens, a world-class vegetarian restaurant overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge/Marina at Ford Mason.  Their food is amazing!

My favorite place to visit for a day trip is actually Muir Woods right out of SF.  I love the Redwood trees.

For engagement photos, I really like Sausalito!  I would have done them there, but since my reception is there, I'm saving it.
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photos: lands end, Chrissy Field, the Presidio.
    Polk St is a great spot for a pub crawl. crawlSF is a great website that lists a bunch of different pub crawls. for day after brunch: Pier 23 on the water, the Palace, Rose's Cafe in the Cow Hollow area.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in San Francisco and I have to say one of the prettiest spots for photos, in my opinion, is the Palace of Fine Arts.  Bakers Beach with the view of the Golden Gate Bridge on a clear day (rare but it does happen!) is also gorgeous.
    I'm partial to North Beach for a fun night out and pub crawl.  In San Jose, there's some cute places to grab drinks around the Santana Row area.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards