Illinois-Chicago
Options

Alternate Ceremony Site Ideas Needed

We want to get married outdoors at Belmont Harbor in September because it's where we got engaged and is a special spot for us. We also chose the park for our ceremony because it was more economical for us. We are having this wedding for under $10K in the city of Chicago which is a feat in and of itself.  We're having our reception at the Signature Room in the Hancock tower and they can't accommodate a ceremony as well.  However because Blemont Harbor park  doesn't have an alternate covered location in case of bad weather, we looked into tent rental.  With park permit fees and tent rental costs we're almost to $2000 JUST for our ceremony site.   Anyone have an alternate indoor ceremony location that's cheap as well? 

We're also thinking of just buying fun colored umbrellas for every guest and a small tent structure for us and the bridal party and hoping for the best. 

Re: Alternate Ceremony Site Ideas Needed

• Options
    carolynlee1carolynlee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    who did you contact to get the park permit?
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_alternate-ceremony-ideas-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:03c1966b-25d1-42ab-a3ba-1fafb3d1b3a6Post:72581a74-c43b-4d04-8245-1df1807315b8">Alternate Ceremony Site Ideas Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want to get married outdoors at Belmont Harbor in September because it's where we got engaged and is a special spot for us. We also chose the park for our ceremony because it was more economical for us. We are having this wedding for under $10K in the city of Chicago which is a feat in and of itself.  We're having our reception at the Signature Room in the Hancock tower and they can't accommodate a ceremony as well.  However because Blemont Harbor park  doesn't have an alternate covered location in case of bad weather, we looked into tent rental.  With park permit fees and tent rental costs we're almost to $2000 JUST for our ceremony site.   Anyone have an alternate indoor ceremony location that's cheap as well?  We're also thinking of just buying fun colored umbrellas for every guest and a small tent structure for us and the bridal party and hoping for the best. 
    Posted by howfab[/QUOTE]<div>I looked into getting married somewhere in the parks district when we first got engaged, but it is over priced and there are too many hoops to jump through for it to be worth it to us. I could never find anything that seemed easy or inexpensive, and the city has so many rules associated with it.</div><div>
    </div><div>We're just having our ceremony at the restaurant where we're having the reception. I'm surprised the Signature Room can't do that for you. Have you thought about the observatory deck in the Hancock? I've read somewhere that they might do that,  but they never got back to me. The best recommendation I can give is the Lincoln Park Conservatory inside space - if your wedding is small you can do it inside there - if it is big, it won't work. The problem I found was that so many places only let you do the ceremony if you're also having a reception (for example, the cultural center). </div><div>
    </div><div>Ugh, just thinking about it all again has me up in arms. LOL.  Good luck to you though!</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards