Washington-Seattle
Options

Wine Cork card holders

I was wondering if you gals know where I can buy wine cork card holders instead of buying them. Our wedding venue is going to be at a restaurant that appreciate for its love of wine, and I want to add that in the mix
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wine Cork card holders

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm slighty confused but if you are asking where you can by wine corks I know they have them at Michaels but you could also look into homebrewing/ wine making store suppliers. I imagine you can just cut a slit so the card sits on the cork. Good luck.
  • Options
    Koolkay83Koolkay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops typo lol....I meant where can I get htem in person instead of buying them online lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would just start drinking... :)

if you buy wine corks from a supplier, they're going to be a little different from what you pull out of a bottle, because they havent been tight in the bottle, so they're bigger.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know for sure, but I'd check little boutiques, although you'll really not get a good deal on pricing there.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just asked family and friends to start saving them for me, also ask a local restaurant or bar to save them for you...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure any of the local wineries, or maybe even wine shops such as Esquin or Wine Outlet, would be happy to give you some for free.  They will have been in the bottles used for tastings.  If you need a huge quantity you might have to go to more than one location.  How many do you need?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need about 30 corks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I will see how many we have left over from our wedding.  The winery just gave us a bag of them to use for our placecard holders and it was more than we needed.  I may actually have that many (as long as you don't mind that they were actually in wine and have opener holes and wine residue on the ends).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want brand new corks with no holes or residue, I found these three local winemaking supply stores, which is probably a better deal than the craft store (but I have no idea since I didn't check them).  Two of them give prices on their website and the first one has the best prices.

www.larrysbrewingsupply.com
    www.mountainhomebrew.com
    www.marketcellarwinery.com
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on the site and it seem to not work. If you do give me the wine corks...My wedding is July 24th next month, and since you are in Seattle, I work in Pioneer Square Mon thru Wed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, the first one should be:

www.larrysbrewsupply.com

and it is in Kent.  (If it still doesn't work, I google winemaking supplies Seattle and they are the three that came up.)

I'll let you know later tonight or tomorrow morning if I have what you need.  I think they are just taking up space in my closet, so if they're still there then they are all yours.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got it! Sure let me know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have 25 corks that you can have if you'd like.  Sorry I couldn't come up with five more!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can try to figure out 5 more...I will let you know if I don't need it if something happens
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, sounds good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bestie just did this at her wedding...she got the corks for free from a local winery for free and cut them with a deli meat slicer.  They were beautifully done and oh-so free!
  • Options
    maxinemasonmaxinemason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any pictures of your wine cork project?
    *Getting Married to My High School Sweetheart at a Garden Wedding July 9, 2011*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards