April 2012 Weddings

Save The Dates?

Hi ya'll! I have a question- how many of you are sending out STDs? FI and I probably won't, but in case we do... how long should we wait until we send them out?

It seems like a bit of an extra expense since we're having a very small wedding (we'll be lucky if we break 60 right now) and everyone knows most of the important details anyway. FI is Australian, and most of his family and friends need to know in advance (air fare and whatnot). I'm just curious what the ladies on this board are doing and how long is too long to wait.
"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Save The Dates?

• I agree - we plan on sending our in June/July or possible August, depending on when we get them done.
  • Thanks ladies!!! This has helped a lot- we might end up doing the email version, since it takes FOREVER to send things to Australia via post. justad0reme- that idea sounded adorable!

We'll probably end up sending them (if we send them at all) to our OOT guests and the folks coming in from Australia. I like the idea of email (for those who have it, in any case!)
    "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sounds great just keep in mind that there are always those people who dont reguarly check their email or heck some who still dont even use the internet. Keep this in mind for older guests especially!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Ditto aimee. This is very true about older folks! 

Also consider this for anything else internet related, such as your website/invite replies/posting photos, etc. We are planning to have people reply via the rsvp function on our site or by phone. We are also considering sending reply cards to older guests, but all of the older couples we know have phones. Maybe not cell phones, but landlines! haha I wasn't sure about this etiquette wise, but emilypost.com says its ok now adays, esp for less formal weddings, which ours definitely is.

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I designed mine and then just printed them using Shutterfly on 4x6 photo prints. Shutterfly sends you a lot of free stuff, so I ended up spending $3--and that was for them to be shipped to my house. They turned out well!
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards