Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What should I be doing right now>

I am 4 months away from my wedding. I feel like: "holy shiit..that's no time at all."

But I can't think of anything else I can do right now. My wedding is in Montana. I won't be there until the end of June and so I am feeling anxious, but not sure what else I could be doing now. I have:
Photographer
Venues
Dress and shoes
BM Dresses
BM gifts
FG dresses
Wedding Planner
Florist/Flower ideas
Booked Cake Baker
Marriage Prep
Sent STDS
I have the invitations
Interviewing Caterer; planning menu

Wedding website
Hotel Rooms blocked

Suggestions? Anything I should be doing right now that I am forgetting?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio

Re: What should I be doing right now&amp;gt;

• You are forgetting...
    to RELAX and ENJOY being engaged :)
    Sounds like you are pretty well prepared.
    Congrats!
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    LOL---it DOES go by really fast, but 4 months is plenty of time considering that you have so much done.  
    Do you have a dj or band? Have you started thinking about music (what are you walking down the aisle to? First dance? etc)
    Along with your invitations, do you have thank you notes? For early wedding gifts--shower gifts can be different thank you cards.
    Have you started thinking about your wedding day lingerie & jewelery?
    Do you have a honeymoon booked? If so--you can relax and think about the amazing, wonderful vacation you'll have together. =)

Overall- try to just enjoy now. The destination lasts forever, but the ride is over before you know it. =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_should-doing-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:b1bd3f75-7f51-4f36-b6d5-621f3ffa47a9Post:03052319-ddb7-4aaf-bce4-0234b6e47909">Re: What should I be doing right now></a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL---it DOES go by really fast, but 4 months is plenty of time considering that you have so much done.   Do you have a dj or band? Have you started thinking about music (what are you walking down the aisle to? First dance? etc) Along with your invitations, do you have thank you notes? For early wedding gifts--shower gifts can be different thank you cards. Have you started thinking about your wedding day lingerie & jewelery? Do you have a honeymoon booked? If so--you can relax and think about the amazing, wonderful vacation you'll have together. =) Overall- try to just enjoy now. The destination lasts forever, but the ride is over before you know it. =)
    Posted by RoMy215[/QUOTE]

Ok you guys are right. I just feel anxious for some reason. I feel like I haven't even gotten close to getting anything done...but I didn't know WHY?! We aren't taking a honemoon til later, I know what jewelry I want, just have to find it when I get to Montana or get a chance to shop for some (that will be easy). No wedding lingerie, that's a good idea. And thank you notes is also a really good idea. Thanks!
  • You seem to be very organized which is a good thing! You can use The Knot checklist or other online wedding checklists that can help you keep on track!

• JayAreJayAre member
    First Comment
    I feel the same way! Have felt like that since April. My wedding is in 11 weeks. Everyone tells me to relax, too - so I guess we should listen. Weding planning doesn't have to be as stressful as reality shows TV. ;)
  • I know you haven't mailed your invitations yet, but I made rough draft of my seating at the reception.  I knew how many tables I was going to have and I just assigned people to the tables even though I knew some would decline.

If you do that now, it's much less stress on you later.  Just pretend that everyone is coming and assign them to a table. :-)  You can removed them and rearrange when you get your RSVPs.

Hope this helps.  Cheers!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Something to consider - when you are addressing your invites, also address your thank you cards.  One less think to worry about after the wedding and it will make the writing all those notes just a little quicker!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_should-doing-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:b1bd3f75-7f51-4f36-b6d5-621f3ffa47a9Post:d28fc8e6-88f1-4f02-8684-5bca69369920">Re: What should I be doing right now></a>:
    [QUOTE]Something to consider - when you are addressing your invites, also address your thank you cards.  One less think to worry about after the wedding and it will make the writing all those notes just a little quicker!
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]

That's a fantastic idea. You're super brilliant. thanks! :)
  • I did a Knot Check List and it helped so much.  It felt so productive to check off the boxes or delete the ones that did not apply to my wedding.

We got a lot of gifts from our registry two months before the wedding so as I got gifts I sent thank you cards which really helped in the end. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards