April 2013 Weddings
Options

NWRish: Fashion

FI and I set a date for our engagement photos and I realized I don't really have anything to wear. My wardrobe is 80% slovenly grad student wear and 20% super formal business attire and every time I go shopping I seem to hate everything. The flowy stuff that looks nice on waifish hipsters makes me look terrible, I'm busty and it hangs looks very maternity. Anyone have any shopping suggestions or follow any fashion blogs that might be helpful?
Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: NWRish: Fashion

• Options
    I suck at shopping so when I am in desperate need of something I go in and ask for someone to help dress me. Also, If I am unsure about an outfit, and they offer hassle free returns I usually will take a few pictures in it, and buy it. When I am at home in front of my own mirror I tend to get a better feel for how I will like something.
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    what kind of look are you going for? do you want to wear a dress or something a little more casual? I found inspiration for my e-pics outfit on pinterest... I just went with mint skinny jeans and a nice black top.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would look online first at the stores around you.  That way you can see what they have and narrow down what you want to try on.  Walking into a store can be intimidating so it is best to be prepared.  I tend to go in with a general idea then find a sales person to help me execute it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I looked around a lot for my engagement outfit.  The day of I took pictures of the outfits to make the final decision.  I wore some shapewear under my shirt to tame my midsection as well.  I wore boot cut jeans and a three quarter length sheer shirt with a cami underneath.

Are you going casual for your engagement pictures or a bit more dressy?

• Options
    I'm looking to go on the nicer end of casual. Most dresses are a pain to fit on me so probably just some dark jeans and a nice top with a sweater if it's cool. I've got 5 weeks to find something, but I figured Labor Day sales would be a good thing. The stores here are really overwhelming, I get lost every time I go into Macys. Way too many options in the city.  
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards