Arizona-Tucson
Options

Where's everyone at??

Hey Ladies,

Thought I would post to see if we can get this Tucson board rolling! I am on the knot everyday looking at other boards getting ideas and enjoying all the wedding talk.

I wanted to introduce myself my name is Jess getting married Oct 23, 2010. Im 199 days away and cant believe how fast time is flying by. We decided to get married so soon, due to the fact that my FFIL is not in good health and we want him to see us get married. So sooner than later seemed right. I have so much to do..

So far we have our venue Randolph Golf Course- its really pretty we will have ceremony between the 1st and 18th hole, then reception in the Copper Room. It was so hard finding a place with such short notice but it all came together.

-Dress shopping in Phx this weekend
-Boxes ordered for card box
-STD cards complete
-RSVP and Invites will be started next week

Thats pretty much all I have so far. How is everyone else doing?

Re: Where's everyone at??

• Options
    Austen2010Austen2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also love the wedding talk and am really happy you are starting new threads here.

Time is going to fly! We are less than 60 days out now and the ceremony is on June 5th, 2010. I am getting so excited and so far we need to:

Meet again with the DJ
    Choose our food
    Finalize centerpiece options
    Print out labels for favors
    Make wedding signs (I want to paint our letters from Michaels in our wedding colors, and use chalkboard paint to paint signs to the ceremony etc...)

and probably a million other things that I am forgetting.

We are trying to DIY quite a bit and I would love to see pics of other people's projects.

Brandy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is officially 79 days away on June 26 at La Mariposa. I am so excited. We have most everything done. Invitations are out and we are getting responses every day. The only thing we haven't finalized yet is our music and flowers. Other than that, we are all set.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our wedding is October 15th!
    Got the venue booked finally!
    Decided on the menu.
    Finalized guest list.
    Oh crap, well that's all I've got! haha.
    Things I cannot for the life of me decide on:
    Invitations.
    Centerpieces.
    Seating.
    DJ or not DJ.
    Photographer.
    Yeah. I feel WAY behind...
    GL with your weddings ladies!Laughing

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SteelWeddingSteelWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello All! We just broke the 6 month mark and I cannot believe how fast it went! October 08, 2010 at Skyline Country Club. Thankfully, I'm super organized and relatively obsessed so there's not a lot left to do! ;) Invitations, tuxes, deciding on officiant. . . oh and my DIY centerpieces which are causing way more trouble then expected!

Good Luck Ladies!

Whitney
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steel,

We are getting married there in June! I love the reception room and we just attended a wedding there last fall.
  • Options
    SteelWeddingSteelWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Austen- It is a great location! I love the Crown room and the outdoor ceremony area. We changed our wedding date just so we could have it there.

Hopefully you'll post about how your wedding goes! I haven't seen any others at Skyline yet.

Whitney
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steel-Check out this site:

http://www.creativeeventsblog.com/

It shows a wedding there that was really pretty. We cannot afford everything they did there but I will post with pics and updates as we continue!
  • Options
    seagull48seagull48 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found the boards and am thrilled there's a Tucson thread. Our wedding is August 28, 2010. The ceremony will be at San Pedro Chapel and reception at the Hotel Congress, which I am stoked about. Upcoming tasks:
    - Invitations
    - Get the boy a suit
    - Centerpieces and various decorations
    - Assemble DIY favors
    - Find a (cheap) photographer
    - Music for ceremony
    I am doing the planning from Michigan, so I'm hoping I can come to those of you in Tucson with questions.
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My date is probably the farthest away at this point... February 20, 2011. It feels so close yet so far! I'm pretty obsessed... already have the venue booked: Stillwell House.
    Save the Dates are designed and I'm just playing with different ribbon colors for them, fiance and I are getting closer to semi-final guest list, have 2nd dress shopping appointment tomorrow, already started my centerpiece designs playing with great stuff I've been getting on sale at various places (I'm becoming a regular at Michael's).

Stuff I have not even come close to:
    Officiant (proving to be more difficult than I expected)
    DJ (have emailed a few but met with none)
    Photographer (same as DJ)
    Ideas for favors
    Food choices (have a while, though)
    His tux

I wish I could get more done faster, but money is holding us up. We are paying for almost everything ourselves, which means we have to save for a couple months, then pay for something, then so on and so on. Still, I feel like I'm in an okay place for now, as long as I stay on track.

So happy to have somewhere to come and get ideas! This board has already proven to be extremely helpful! Can't wait to share and hear more!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is a year away (364 days!) and we have booked the venue (Reflections at the Buttes).
    I really want to get into the thick of planning, but everything is so far away!  The boy thinks I'm crazy because I keep thinking about it and planning, but I can't help it!
    Luckily our venue covers a lot of the reception stuff, so we really only have a handful of things to take care of.
    Dress shopping Memorial Day weekend with some out of town friends, so Excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    edited December 2011
    Roses, tell him to shush! Mine said that, too, until we started to go on venue tours and the weekend we originally wanted was booked more than a year out! He goes "whoa" and I said "told ya so!" Also, I am already saving sooo much money by buying things way ahead of time when I can get them on sale.  

It's your wedding for goodness sake! You should be obsessed! The rest of us are!  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jamjar, I'm getting married at the Stillwell House October 3rd! 

I'm usually on the October 2010 wedding board but glad I popped over her to see whats going on.  I'm in the middle of a planning frenzy and feel like it's still 5 months away but at the same time it feels like its tomorrow!  I have started putting in my DIY ideas on my bio so feel free to check it out and steal away if you need to!
    Lisa and Jared 10.3.10
    Planning Bio(clicky) Updated 10/1/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Favorite Wedding Picture
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, might do that. I steal everyone's ideas. :P
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Roses, I'm also getting married at Reflections at the Buttes, but my wedding is less than 3 months away! Eeek! :) I'll be sure to post a review here after.

I'm delighted to see some action on this board!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards