New Hampshire
Options

Paper Weight?

Girls who made their own invites, which paper weight did you use?  I'm using cardsandpockets for the pockets, but I feel like I can find the paper cheaper.  I just don't know which to buy.

Re: Paper Weight?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Do you need white? What about heavy scrapbooking paper from a craft store, or a ream of cardstock from an office store or craft store? They usually come in reams of white, cream, or sometimes a color variety. I used a BRIDES kit from Michaels for the invites, and folder-thingy, but wanted to include some other items in my invite suite. I bought a ream of white cardstock (67 lb) from Staples and created matching items in Microsoft Publisher. I used the postcard template to create a directions card and the business card template for a card with our wedding website on it. I even created a border in a matching pink color so they fit right in! We had many people just assume they were all part of the same kit. Anyway... buying white cardstock this way was certainly the cheapest option for me. I have a bunch leftover, but it was worth it to cut costs! Good luck, and I hope this is helpful! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes, we're using white.  I wish C&P would say the weight of the sample paper they send out.
  • Options
    I wonder if they could tell you if you called? The card stock I bought is not super heavy duty, but definitely thicker than plain paper. It felt very, very similar to the weight of the invite in our purchased kit. For me, at least, it was fine. Invites don't need to be super durable, and it may be worth the money in the long run! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards