Illinois
Options

HELP! videographer needed

we are looking at videographers near joliet/ channahon any recomdations would help! we got one quite , i can't believe that they can charge $1,500  for 3 hours... there has to be a more reasonable place around her right? thanks!
August 2011 siggy challenge: Fur Baby! Photobucket

Re: HELP! videographer needed

• Options
    maryr06maryr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that videographers are WAY overpriced. I am on a very tight budget, so I plan on calling around to various community colleges and universities in the area to see if there are any film students who would be reccommended by their professors. Obviously, I would want to sit down with them and see their work and negotiate prices and whatnot, but many of these upper-level student will do just as good a job as big name companies would, and they would be willing to do it for only a few hundred dollars. I haven't started calling around, but I figure its worth a shot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow what a great idea!!! thank you!
    August 2011 siggy challenge: Fur Baby! Photobucket
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    david kasdan videography is pretty reasonable. their lowest package is $595 for six hours. you should check them out www.davidkasdan.com
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There was a lot of range in pricing for videographers. We almost went with one particular one but they started getting terrible reviews a few months before my wedding on this board. I cant imagine how long it takes to put together a wedding video after they tape it but for 6 hours of taping, plus doing all the editing, I would have to say anything under $1500 is fair. Especially if they run their own business and have to pay tax on it all.
  • Options
    AJVeltri12AJVeltri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shiloh Studio Weddings offers Videography services. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Modern Image Studios for our photography and videography. We just got our video back last week and it turned out Amazing!! I cannot wait for our album.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards