Getting in Shape
Options

No time to work out!!!

I need help!! I am short on time as I work full time teaching and I'm working on my Doctorate. I wouldn't mind losing weight but am seriously interested in toning, especially my arms. Is there a Bridal Boot Camp in my area? (Detroit). Can anyone offer some suggestions? My reception is in June

Re: No time to work out!!!

• Options
    have you looked into the jillian michaels DVDs? she's got one that is 20 min long that is amazing.  all you would need is some small weights and maybe a yoga mat....they are VERY hard but my arms have toned up for sure.  this way you don't have to leave your house and it can be like a study break or something
  • Options

I think everyone has time even if you just do weights at home by yourself. There are some Biggest loser dvds that are awesome with weights. You can also take a 10 min walk on breaks. Fit in excercise wherever you can.

Photobucket
  • Options
    What helps me is treating exercise like any other appointment I have. I have a very busy job as well, and between that and the rest of life, it was easy for me to "not have time" to work out.

When I decided to do something and change, I started scheduling work outs on my planner the way I would a meeting, appointment, etc.

I primarily do classes at the gym, which really do have start times, so that helps me feel like I need to be there at a certain time. But even on days when I just go for a walk or do an exercise video, I schedule it into my planner, and then check it off when completed.

So if you are busy and it's hard to think of times to work out, I would suggest that. You really only need an hour or less, depending on what you do, and that can be squeezed in before work, a walk on yoru lunch break, right after school gets out, or later in the evening. My best friend is a teacher, and she finds that she has the best luck driving straight from school to the gym, then going home after. If she goes home first, she is too tempted to nap, grade, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards