Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

WYNN BRIDES....help please.

we are finally done with our scouting trip and have chosen the Wynn! super excited!!

in looking at the ceremony packages, what have you chosen? the differences are in time of use of wedding foyer, dressing room, and floral arrangement.

is 30 min enough time for the ceremony or shall i just pick the 1hour package?  i dont want to feel rushed, although the wedding coordinator says the ceremony doesnt take no more than 15 min.  if i choose 1hr, what are we going to do for 45 min? i'd rather just start the cocktail reception earlier to get the party started!!

as for floral arrangements....i plan on upgrading anyway so it doesnt matter what i get in the package.

and for photography and videography....did you just upgrade for more hours to capture ceremony and reception or did you use outside vendors?

i'm sure there will be more ??s for you past & current Wynn brides.  thanks for all of your help. much appreciated!

Re: WYNN BRIDES....help please.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on making the decision!  Great choice!

I chose the "Just the Basics" ceremony (30 minutes of chapel time), because I didn't feel I needed all the "bells and whistles."  However, I also booked the Primrose Courtyard... which you book by the hour. So, technically, I guess we could all hang out there for a while if we wanted, haha. 

Our ceremony starts at 5pm and then we're doing a reception at Maggiano's restaurant at 7pm.  So, to me, the earlier we can get out of the ceremony and started on our "strip tour" for photos, the better. 

We have an outside photographer for before & after the ceremony (strip tour & reception).  We booked Todd from Bentley & Wilson photography (www.Wilson702.com) for 8 hours.  We will also be paying the Wynn for webcasting of the ceremony.

I will be upgrading my bouquet in the package as well.

I hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I loved the Wynn.

Something to consider, if you want formal pictures in the wedding salon or chapel that counts as part of your exclusive use time. 

I put a spreadsheet together to compare the petite ceremony with upgrades and the intimate affair.  I'd be more than happy to share it with you. Based on what I wanted and FI wanted we went with the Intimate Affair.  One of the biggest factors was the exclusive use of the wedding salon for an hour.  I didn't want to feel like I was being rushed through the process.  I really didn't need the bridal suite for the hour before the wedding, I got there about 30 minutes before.

One thing to note, they are very prompt on starting time.  They will lock the front salon doors and not allow people in during your event.  We had guests arrive exactly at 2 and they had to pound on the outside door (not actual wedding chappel door) to get let in.

We opted not to upgrade photography with the hotel as the price of the package upgrade for an additional 30 minutes of coverage was nearly as much as I paid for an outside vendor for 8 hours of coverage.  You will find many of the brides do use an additional photographer.  We did however end up buying the rights to the photos after the fact because we forgot to have our other photographer do family shots.  That was a pretty big cost after the fact.

Don't be surprised when you do get your floral quote back.  The floral prices are on the higher side.  Just have a floral budget in mind and work with your WC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we decided to go with the petite ceremony because of the fact that we got one hour of salon time and the limo ride to the courthouse to get our marriage license, which we thought would be special.
    I have also booked Todd from bently and wilson photography to capture before and after photos. my wedding co-ordinator throughout the planning process has stressed that todd will not be allowed in the chapel because they have their own photographers. i was contacted last week by the wynn photography department to arrange an appointment after our big day, and the woman told me that the average photography session, to purchase my 100-120 photos that the cashman photographer will take will cost me between $1800 to $3000. for that reason, and because the cashman photography has gotten some bad reviews on the LV board, i booked Todd. One hour of salon time, and the 10 photos that are included in our package were good enough for us.

I am upgrading my bouquet and have purchased 3 bridesmaids bouquets of 6 white roses and 4 boutonnieres with single white roses costed me an extra $500 after taxes.

I'll already be in my dress from pre-ceremony photos so using the bridal dressing room will only be a waiting area for me while my guests are seated.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I picked the Petite package with Primrose Courtyard for the ceremony

30 minute use of bridal room, I think will be enough time since all I'll be doing is putting on my gown.
    Wanted 1-hour use of the salon so that we won't feel rushed and we're also doing unity candles.
    Limo to get license is a plus.
    Will not be upgrading in-house photography, instead I will be using an outside photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having the ceremony at the wynn in the primrose courtyard-which others also stated is a rental for 1 hour, which is $1500 per hour.  We went with the "just the basics" ceremony and then upgraded the bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets. We are using the photographer and videographer from the Wynn-we upgraded the services since we are having the reception at the Platinum hotel at the misora room on the rooftop-eventhough I am sure the photographer and videographer are more expensive at the wynn-I don't want to deal with the hassell of using 2 different people for pics/video-there is a off-site charge to take them to the reception but there is also a fee to have someone not "wynn" employed to come in-also the photographer/videographer are from the wynn and probably know the best places to take pics at the Wynn-after the ceremony you will take pics in the courtyard so all of your guests have to be gone asap if you want to get the party started!!...then you will go on the wynn premise to get additional pics.  Also keep in mind all of the upgrades you will be having-it adds up!  I also added the luminary candles with rose petals down the side of the isle-right now I am considering renting the isle runner for $140 and having water bottles for the guests which are .75 each!!...if you want a breakdown of what everthing runs for upgrades, I have it!  Just let me know! xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jewlschey - can you PM me the breakdown of the upgrades that you've been quoted??

TIA
  • Options
    caingel95caingel95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: WYNN BRIDES....help please.:
    [QUOTE I put a spreadsheet together to compare the petite ceremony with upgrades and the intimate affair.  I'd be more than happy to share it with you.
    Posted by mhoneybee[/QUOTE]

im interested in your spreadsheet! thanks for your help. much appreciated!
  • Options
    caingel95caingel95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-brideshelp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:13c15889-22bc-49e7-9676-cf488c1c67ccPost:d226ae15-de24-494d-88f6-5589fbee4cda">Re: WYNN BRIDES....help please.</a>:
    [QUOTE].if you want a breakdown of what everthing runs for upgrades, I have it!  Just let me know! xoxo
    Posted by jewlschey[/QUOTE]

very interested in the breakdown of the upgrades.  thanks! much appreciated
  • Options
    scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-brideshelp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:13c15889-22bc-49e7-9676-cf488c1c67ccPost:d226ae15-de24-494d-88f6-5589fbee4cda">Re: WYNN BRIDES....help please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]!...if you want a breakdown of what everthing runs for upgrades, I have it!  Just let me know! xoxo
    Posted by jewlschey[/QUOTE]

I would also love to have a look at the upgrade price list if you don't mind sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry I rarely get on here!! send me your email and I will forward it as an attachment-it won't let me upload the pdf for some reason!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry I rarely get on here!! send me your email and I will forward it as an attachment-it won't let me upload the pdf for some reason!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone has that attachment I would also love to take a look at the upgrade list...thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards