Alabama

You know what drives me crazy? (NWR)

When people call someone else a Bammer or Barner.  I think it sounds ridiculous and ignorant.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: You know what drives me crazy? (NWR)

• edited December 2011

You know, I never really hear either of those.  Maybe it's just not a Mobile thing?  Lol.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard either of them either..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    lol I have no idea what those are either lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard OF them before, but never been called that.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • LenaFLenaF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! Let me explain...

Ignorant fans from both sides call the other either a Bammer for an Alabama fan or a Barner for an Auburn fan. Sometimes it's not such an insult to an Alabama fan b/c they sometimes refer to themselves as a Bammer. But they should know anytime an Auburn fan calls them a Bammer, they're basically "dogging" you. :)

You will also occasionally see the term "AuBarn" which is where "barner" originated from b/c Auburn is nicknamed the "cow college" by the ignorant parts of the alabama fan base b/c Auburn has "so many" cow pastures. They tend to forget that our Vet school is one of the toughest to get into and they use those cows for teaching. But Auburn used to be known for it's agriculture and it still is but other majors and schools have been taking the limelight for awhile like the Vet school and engineering school.

It's very childish but you know, you can't argue with ignorance on either side of the football or the state in this matter :)
  • edited December 2011
    o0o0o I haven't  heard that before. Learn something new everyday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards