Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

song being sang

So my future sister-in-law is singing a song for our wedding, I, honestly, am not a fan of this. I am picky with people singing if they're not professional or if it's a soloist. My fiance and his family would like her to sing though and they are helpinng with the budget so I feel like their input should be heard. I picked the song History in the Making by Darius Rucker. I originally wanted this song as I was walking downt the isle, but I do not want her to sing me down the isle, plus I found a different song that I love more. I was thinking she could sing it as an interlude song, for the unity candle and passing of the roses to the mothers, but thought the lyrics don't really go. Then I was thinking that it would be good for the recessional song, but not quite sure. I cannot change the song she is singing because she has already been practicing and I would feel bad. I reallly want this song sang too. HELP!!
AfutureJohnson

Re: song being sang

• Options
    Maybe you should ask if she can sing it during the reception instead of the ceremony. That might work better!
  • Options
    Your FSIL has plenty of time to learn another song.  I dont' think "History in the Making" is appropriate for a church ceremony.  Honestly I think your best bet is to pick something different and have her sing during the unity candle.

I wouldn't have her sing during the reception.  There are already enough elements that guests have to stop and watch (toasts, special dances, etc.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards