Wedding Party
Options

is 6 1/2 too young to be MOH??

She is my daughter and I feel is more than just a flower girl.  I have no maid of honor, just 4 bridesmaids and her.  What does everyone think? 

Thanks.

Re: is 6 1/2 too young to be MOH??

• Options
    I have to be honest.  I think it would be a little odd.  I also think of a MOH as an adult.  I think it would less odd to have her as a BM and even less odd to have her as FG.  I'd probably have 4 BMs and an FG, but that's just me.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    It's up to you.  Some people may find it a bit odd, but you're not hurting anyone by it, so if you're okay knowing that people might give it a side-eye, then go for it.  I believe her actual title would be "maiden of honor," and you'd need to have someone over 18 sign the license.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I think that if there were no bms then it would be ok. But I think it's a little weird. I don't really have a good reason, just that it'll be weird to have 4 adults and in the front is your daughter (even though she IS the most important to you). Having her as a fg is a great position for her though.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I think it's a lovely idea!  A wedding is about a commitment, and your whole family is a part of that.  When my brother got married, my nephew (who was 2 at the time) was his Best Man, and my brother carried him down the aisle.  It was SO sweet, everyone was gushing about it.  Really, a lot of people get married so they can start a family, and I really feel that the whole day should be centered around the family concept.  We have a 21 month old and she is definitely a guiding force behind our special day.  (We are already married, just planning a vow renewal/ reception because we didn't do that the first time.)  Good luck and I happy planning!!  CONGRATS!!
  • Options
    I think you should ask your daughter which she would like to be...

However, what will she be doing differently if she is the MOH vs. the flower girl? I am guessing you aren't going to have her give a speech, plan a shower, or plan a bachelorette party. Are you going to have her your bouquet on top of her own when you say your vows?  Probably not.

Still...it is up to you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My thought is that at 6 1/2 she might want to be the FG and wear a pretty white dress like mommy.
  • Options
    I'd ask her but I think at 6, she may want to be the FG too.

And if she is MOH, I'd keep it as only the children in the WP.  This is "cute" but depending on how she is, it could be over the top cute too.  Even just having a FG is fine too.
  • Options
    I think it's fine and sweet.  If your state needs 2 witnesses to sign the license (the VI does), then you will just need to find someone else to sign for her.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I don't think that there is anything wrong with it at all!

With that said, my friend's sister (they are freaky close, almost like mom and daughter) who is 6/7 is over the moon about being the FG or in her works "a bride!!!!"

You may want to ask your daughter. If she does end up being the FG, you could include her in the sand ceremony if you are having one. I also think that's a great way to incorporate kids.

GL :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand why you would want her as a BM but I think a flower girl is just as lovely and important. Honestly, I do not think she will recognize the difference. She will be happy to be apart of the wedding and happy to wear a apretty dress... and she even gets the throw flowers in church! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards