Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Personal Trainer

Need to lose some weight and think I need to get a personal trainer to kick start progress.  I don't want to spend a TON of money, but thought about it and think money spent on my health, energy boost through exercise and added bonus of looking better is money well spent. I can't manage to stick with anything very long on my own and just want to get a few months under my belt to make it a habit.

Anyone worked with someone they recommend? What prices have you heard?

Thanks all :)
J

Re: Personal Trainer

• Options
    Are you looking for someone at a gym, or someone that will come to your home?

I've been using Zak at Destination Fitness for about four months now... he comes to my house and although I have most of the stuff we need (weights, etc), if you don't have equipment he brings it.  I wear a heart rate monitor when I work out with him, and in a 50-60 minute session, burn about 500 calories, and my strength has increased, and I've lost at least ten inches in my measurements.  He does an 8-package session for $320, or at least that's what it was when I started.  I paid about the same amount per session when I worked with someone at a gym, but obviously having someone come to me is a lot more convenient.

Website is www.yourdestinationfitness.com.
  • Options

My friend who lives in Lexington, KY, just finished a 3 month personal training course for FREE!

Granted it was with a student going through a personal training program, but it worked for her. Check around for local trade schools or gyms that may work as a "learning gym" and offer free services for their students.Just a super cheap thought...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards