Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Shrimp cocktail?

I want to serve shrimp cocktail during our cocktail hour but it's twice as much as any other appertizer on the menu.

Do you think it's worth it?  Do you love shrimp cocktail at weddings or is it just another finger food to hold you over until dinner...??

Thoughts!

Re: Shrimp cocktail?

• Options
    flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, love it. Just make sure the shrimp are jumbo size and the sauce has plenty of horseradish in it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meh, I could give or take it. I don't know that it's worth twice the price of everything else - but I don't know what else you're having so it's hard to compare.
  • Options
    pjseabeepjseabee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously consider this... I'm allergic to shellfish.   I wouldn't be able to eat ANYTHING you served:  Appetizer, dinner, dessert.  Simple because:  unless you telll a caterer about an allergy, they don't neccesarily take precautions against cross contamination. 

Serve shrimp if you want.  I loved it before I discovered my allergy .... It just wants to kill me :(      All I'm saying is a guest going into anaphylactic shock at your reception is a downer.  Just make sure either you know that your guests aren't allergic or if a guest is, provide a safe meal for them to eat and let that guest know it ahead of time to avoid an ambulance  appearance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not serve a shrimp cocktail for twice as much. Guests will eat anything, serve something less expensive and use the money for something else. I don't think its worth it :/
  • Options
    debekoaladebekoala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you can afford it - do it - the majority of people love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards