Illinois-Chicago
Options

Last minute question!

8 days away!! Crazy! I have my final walk through at the reception venue on my lunch today. Any questions you can think of to ask that I may have forgotten?

Re: Last minute question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girl!

Make SURE they have the correct number of chairs at each table. That was one thing that got messed up at our reception and therefore screwed up seating, until my mom asked them to move some chairs.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some items you might consider asking:

• Where are vendors going to "hang out" and have their meal (unless you are providing them seating at a table)
    • How will gratuities be distributed for service staff and catering manager (unless you have a DOC handling this).  Is gratuity included in your contract (vs the "service charge" which only covers labor and not gratuity)?
    • Can you leave any items at the place for pickup the next day or does everything need to go when the reception ends?
    • How are they handling leftover cake or dessert? (we had servers throw out a lot of our petit fours which were "smushed" together sloppily - these could have been saved for us to take home)
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also ask about the time you giys have to be out of the reception room. Is there any fee if you all run over?

Does the staff clean up around the guests? (I saw this on Four Weddings last week)
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards