Wyoming

Cheyenne Venues?

Hi there!  Recently got engaged and we are looking into Cheyenne for our wedding location.  What are some of the ceremony and reception sites that you guys looked at and liked?  (We are on a budget, so nothing too crazy price-wise!)  Also, not wanting to get married in a church, so something that is not a chapel would be great!

Any recommendations would be appreicated!  Thanks!

Re: Cheyenne Venues?

• edited December 2011
    There's the UP Depot ($1,000 rental for the venue itself, doesn't include food, but I think it does include chairs, staging, etc).
    There's the historic Plains Hotel (where we're getting married).  They have a "site fee" of only about $4.00 per guest, and that covers your china/tablecloth rentals, a complimentary stay in the Presidential suite for you, ice tea/water/bread for the reception, use of the space, etc. 
    Little America has pretty comprehensive packages, but they seem to nickel and dime you to death for things like dance floors, PA system, colored linens etc.
    The Holiday Inn is available, but overpriced.

Hope some of these help!!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if they do weddings, but there's always Terry Bison Ranch.
  • edited December 2011
    Little America. It's beautiful! I have been to several events there and they have always done an amazing job.

http://cheyenne.littleamerica.com/?gclid=CL7qrYDz3KwCFSOMtgodPFhHqQ
  • edited December 2011

We're doing our reception and ceremony at Lions Park.

• I know this is a little old and you may have found something by now but this is the experience I have had so far.

Hi!  FI and I went down to the Deopt last night and signed our contract.  It is $999 for all day.  But they do charge hourly rates.  We are renting just for 5 hrs, so for 500 we are getting all table, chairs, piping and draping, sound equipment included.  Klena is the event co-ordinator down there and is amazing!!  The area is deff. enough for reception and ceremony.  It's a beautiful area with history(we won't be doing any draping just due to the fact that we love the way that the venue looks now), an awesome place for the out-of-towners!!  Also it's just a hop skip and a jump from the Plains.  Another very neat idea is, renting a trolley for a day I think runs just about 250.

Terry Bison does do weddings and receptions.  I called the event co-ordinator down there about 3 weeks ago and still have yet to hear back from anyone on anything further.  *shrugs*

I called Little America.  I also am on a very tight budget and with LA they cater your reception, no outside food or drink allowed.  They priced me at a RIDICULOUS price for just 200 people.  If you have the money for it, I would say go for it.  But 2k for 200 people...scary.

There is the Community House in Lions Park.  They want 1k for both "rooms" and a 250 or 500 dollar deposit(I can't remember which).  Rules there are a little iffy and they seem to nickel and dime for everything that is out of place.  I figured I would rather pay 1k for a Historical venue than a smaller venue that doesn't seem to want to work with people in the least bit.

After hotels, the depot and the community house you are stuck with outside venues or VFW's, Moose Lodges etc from what I could tell.

Good luck!
    Jackie
    Out with the Old and in with the New!! Time to make history!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards