Flowers
Options

Need inspiration...

My original thought for my wedding flowers was to use orhids and/or lillies because they have been my favorite flowers for quite some time. I have always wanted to steer clear of roses because they just didn't appeal to me. HOWEVER, I was very lucky to have a friend of my family offer to give me an amazing price on any type or color of rose that I wanted. After checking out flower prices I can't pass this up but am a little stuck....
We have decided to have chocolate brown and light blue or maybe teal color for our colors. I immediately thought maybe white roses but I'm not very knowledgable in the flower department. A friend suggested I have the florist use dye to color the roses blue but for some reason that didn't seem... natural. lol I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestion on rose colors that might complement my color scheme or even some fun ideas for centerpieces or other decorations.
Thanks for your time girls. =)

My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Need inspiration...

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, "natural" colors of roses are red, white/cream and yellow for the most part.  If you want natural, you'll have to go with them....if not, they'll most likely have to be dyed.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd go with all white roses, and ask if blue hydrangea can be inserted as well. I peeked at your bio and see that you are getting married next June, and that's when hydrangeas bloom around here. Plus, online wholesale sites sell blue hydrangeas year round. Check www.costco.com (floral link at top), also www.californiaflowergrowers.com.

To answer your question, however, white always goes with everything. All white roses are lovely and could be coordinated with your other wedding colors with other flowers.

Good luck.

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All white or ivory roses would be my first choice too, or maybe a soft blush color (very pale peachy-pink color).

If you want to add some contrast and color, pink or peach, either soft pastels, or more vivid hot pink or coral shades.

I don't care for matchy-matchy "artificial" colors or dyed flowers, they usually look so fake and gaudy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with white/cream. If you want some added color why not include some lilies in your bouquet and use a lily for the groom's bout. That way you save money by using mostly roses but you still get your favorite flower.

I see obviously dyed flowers and I think well that's not natural. I've just never been big on the "dyed" look.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yikes!  I'm definitely in the "do not used dyed flowers" camp.  White/ivory roses are absolutely gorgeous.  Go for it!!

Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards