Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR: Makeup

I need to makeover my makeup.

What brand do you like the best for foundation and mascara?

Re: NWR: Makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I use pur minerals pressed powder its a bit expensive but doesnt contain any talc (which my skin does not do well with) and covers decently but is very light.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clinique for most makeup. 

Mascara.. I have Clinique and several other brands that look AWESOME...but I always end up with them smeared under my eye by the end of the day/evening.  

The stuff I use everyday so I don't have to worry about that is a cheapo from Walmart believe it or not.  I think it is Cover Girl waterproof. 
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

MAC all the way... if you can splurge on it.  The powder foundation is awesome for everyday use and the liquid is amazing too!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been using the Lashblast by Cover Girl.  I love it, but the tube dries out in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Is MAC only available at the mall?  I'm so intimidated to go to makeup counters after the last time I went and people pleased my way into buying $200 of makeup that I didn't need.

Brianna - Is the powder foundation like a pressed powder or the kind like bare minerals?

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_makeup-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d43434a2-fec4-45c0-8db9-a633c1ae80a3Post:5b8497e4-11a0-4a2c-a353-934fb8515af8">Re: NWR: Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is MAC only available at the mall?  I'm so intimidated to go to makeup counters after the last time I went and people pleased my way into buying $200 of makeup that I didn't need. Brianna - Is the powder foundation like a pressed powder or the kind like bare minerals?
    Posted by Paige0810[/QUOTE]

They have both but the loose powder is the best.  Its available online but you'll need to know your shades.  They don't really pressure you at MAC, atleast not when I go.  Just tell them exactly what you're there for and that's what they'll show you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Clinique for all makeup, except mascara.  For some reason I never like Clinique mascara.  I use Covergirl mascara. 
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help here...i don't use anything...ever.

*sigh* i'm going to have to figure out something though for the wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Clinique for everything but my foundation pretty much. I stock up on whatever is in their free bonus packs when I go get more perfume or face stuff.

For all over face I use Bare Minerals. Their start kits at Sephora aren't too badly priced for all that you get - brushes, primer, two shades for your face, bronzer and mineral veil. Right now I'm out and reverted to my Covergirl TruBlend, which I like for cheap stuff.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to only wear Mac and Estee Lauder, but since I've started to think about wedding day makeup I have tried a lot of different brands. 

I have found that Chanel is the best. A friend wore it for her wedding and it lasted all day and night! I like a full coverage makeup because I have freckles and an uneven skin tone. For Base I use "Teint Innocence" Its a wet to dry foundation. They also have great waterproof makeup! Its definitely more expensive than some, but a little goes a long way and I just buy my key pieces from their (foundation, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow). 

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use L'Oreal True Match makeup - I just can't stomach spending a lot of money on makeup. I really like it because they have a wide selection of shades in warm, cool, or neutral. It's a lot easier to find a shade that matches, I find. Plus, it blends really well, and I rarely have to touch up with powder during the day. I was using the liquid foundation, but I've recently switched to the cream, and I like it because I can control how much coverage I get. I also use the pressed powder.

For mascara, I get a different one every 1 1/2 - 2 months, always drugstore brands. I like to try different ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Clinique base, powder and blush.

I use Covergirl mascara. It's the smudgeproof one but washes off easily with soap. It's the purple tube.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a M.A.C fan as well ! The brushes are expensive but, the investment is long lasting!
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a MAC girl too. Love their Zoom lash mascara!
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use pur minerals for foundation or sephora brand minerals. I'm about to change, I only have brand loyalty for a year then switch it up.

I like mary kay mascara.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards