Connecticut
Options

Need help/opinions about STD magnet!

So I designed my STD (enchanted encounter) on magnetstreet and had it all ready to go (since we are viewing our e-pics tonight and that's all I had left to do) but I realized the mini magnet is only 2' by 3.5"....do you think that's too small?  Is it worth is spending $50 more dollars to go up to 3.5" by 4"?  I truly don't want to go through the hassle of printing my own and glueing magnet sheets onto a card etc, but I also don't want to spend a fortune.  Below is a pic of the one we were thinking of getting in the smaller size...what do you think?imagewww.magnetstreet.com/stores/samples/default/fullsize/b-12064.jpg" alt="Enchanted Encounter" width="256" height="168" />
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need help/opinions about STD magnet!

• Options
    jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can not see the pic :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would google "magnet street coupon code" everytime I've ordered there I've always found a discount which could help when increasing the size!
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-helpopinions-std-magnet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:130542a4-1e3c-47b3-a506-eac8377dddf6Post:1de7fc7c-d28b-4d5e-a9ba-5c23c86c2944">Re: Need help/opinions about STD magnet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can not see the pic :(
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, here is the link:
    <a href="http://www.magnetstreet.com/enchanted-encounter-save-the-date-mini-magnets">http://www.magnetstreet.com/enchanted-encounter-save-the-date-mini-magnets</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my STD magnents from fresh impressions. I found that they had a lot of the same styles as magnent street for a much lower price. Might be worth checking into if you are concerned about price.
    FWIW, I think having three pictures a magnent that size would be too small.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got our STD's last week from Magnet Street.  We ordered the standard size and they were a little smaller than we expected but we still love them anyway.  If you are putting 3 pics on it, I would definitely get a bigger size.  As PP said, I would also google coupon codes.  I'm pretty sure we got one that way.
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP- I went up in size, mine was 3.5 x 4 inches and that seems to be a decent size. Also, 3 pictures is even too much IMHO for the 3.5 x 4 inches magnet. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did post card sized ones on vistaprint.  ISince I wanted to have our engagement photos on the STD, the business card sized ones were too small.  With the larger size we were able to fit 4 photos and all the pertinent information with ease.  With a coupon I believe I spent around $40 including the envelopes for our magnets.  I created our design and uploaded it, but they also have some pre-made save the date ones that you can use.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-helpopinions-std-magnet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:130542a4-1e3c-47b3-a506-eac8377dddf6Post:18fc0b13-2031-4eff-aa6f-e4acc040e7cb">Re: Need help/opinions about STD magnet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did post card sized ones on vistaprint.  ISince I wanted to have our engagement photos on the STD, the business card sized ones were too small.  With the larger size we were able to fit 4 photos and all the pertinent information with ease.  With a coupon I believe I spent around $40 including the envelopes for our magnets.  I created our design and uploaded it, but they also have some pre-made save the date ones that you can use.
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]
    Were yours magnets?  That is an awesome price...
    I am also going to check out that other website PP said to..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-helpopinions-std-magnet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:130542a4-1e3c-47b3-a506-eac8377dddf6Post:bed5ff4e-7027-4c64-bc93-386b704ff9a4">Re: Need help/opinions about STD magnet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need help/opinions about STD magnet! : Were yours magnets?  That is an awesome price... I am also going to check out that other website PP said to..
    Posted by Abeja1226[/QUOTE]
    Yes, they were magnets.  The best thing is to subscribe to their emails, and you will get discounts all the time.  They often run 100% off where certain items are free.  I think that's how I got such a great deal.  I can't remember exactly, but I know that I paid around $45 for 70 magnets and envelopes. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your pics--just wanted to throw that out there! The 1st & 3rd are really cute.

I agree with PPs, def go with the bigger size. If you go with the smaller size, that is a lot to fit on such a small magnet...if you think about it, each photo will only be about 1 square inch. It wouldn't give the photos the attention they deserve, plus it might be tough to read the smaller text.

Personally, we stuck with one photo (on a postcard-size print) because I wanted the photo to be the main focus.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DiLynn83DiLynn83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the 2x3.5" size and am paying about $0.60 each including envelopes!
  • Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered through Magnet Street and I used 4 photos, so I got the large STD's.  They came out perfect!  I love them and I got so many copliments on them!  If you sign up with them for emails they will frequently send you online coupon codes.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making my own, and yeah it's a little bit of work, but it's a lot less time consuming and difficult than I thought and they're turning out super professional!

I used a coupon for free large postcards on Vistaprint so I only had to pay for shipping, so I designed our image on Adobe Illustrator to fit 3 images per postcard, then I cut them up.  Then I glued them onto magnet sheets and used a paper slicer to cut after they dried.  They're great!

That's a small magnet, and with 3 pictures it's super small.  Even the slightly bigger size is probably too small for 3 pictures.

Ours are 2.75" x 5.47" so they're an odd shape that no one sells, but it looks really nice and would easily fit 3 pictures.

Anniversary

• Options
    junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at that same magnet and thought it might be kind of small for 3 pics, so I called Magnetstreet to get measurements for each of the pics and the person I talked to said it is the size of a business card and suggested I use a picture of my ring b/c they were so small :(   If I were you I'd go up a size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards