Maryland-Baltimore

what to wear!?

How did you decide what to wear for your engagement pictures?  I'm having a hard time deciding!  Thanks :)

Re: what to wear!?

• dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went casual-a white button down and jeans for me. 
    Does your photographer let you change?  If so, you might want to do one casual and one dressy...
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We wore jeans and solid/almost solid colored shirts.
  • strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore kahi's and a blue sweater and then changed into jeans halfway through
  • edited December 2011
    we were casual.  we both wore jeans.  i wore a little grey tshirt and DH wore a button down.  we're both casual people.  wear what's comfy and shows your personality.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't done engagement photos but I'm good friends with a wedding photographer and she told me its best to wear solid colors, and layers are good too. Stripes or shirts with a lot of details don't photograph well. Also texture is good.
    Sept 2011 Signature Challenge

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    We chose to wear our wedding colors...pink and gray.  I wore a pink, button-down shirt with jeans and he wore a gray shirt with jeans. 
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • edited December 2011
    I think that simpler lines are better - you don't want a super trendy outfit that will look dated really quickly.  I opted for a pair of dark jeans, heals and a turqouise v-neck sweater (made my blue eyes pop).  I think the best thing to do is to consider your coloring and try to pick something you are comfortable in (maybe something you get lots of compliments when you wear?).  And ditto pp - if you can switch outfits it might be fun to wear a cute dress in a few!
  • edited December 2011
    Wear what you'll feel most comfortable in.  If you're comfortable, you'll really shine in your photos!

I wore black pants and a purple sweater.  FI wore jeans and a button-down shirt.  We felt like ourselves and I think thast showed in the photos.

HTH!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on simple.... I wore jeans and a pink cardigan with a white shirt underneath and hot pink ballet flats.  Fi wore jeans and a buttondown with flipflops. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards