Arizona-Phoenix

DJ

Who are yawl using?

Being nosy, what is typical for a 6 hour wedding (ceremony+reception) as far as price goes?

I have no idea what to expect?

Re: DJ

• sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually dont know what ours costs because we have an all-inclusive package. Before we booked our wedding I priced different people out. I found anywhere from $75-$200 an hour.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Teffanie from Face the Music -
    http://www.facethemusicentertainment.com/

We are using her for both the ceremony and reception.  Her cost came to $995.

I met with several DJ's.  Cost for ceremony and reception ranged from $800 to 1500. 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Jeremy from Ray the DJ.  He's coming out to around $950 for 6 hours. 
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone priced out AZ Celebrity DJ?   I'm really curious about them...  since they have a deal/set up with a photobooth rental package too. 

They scare me a bit as far as pricing, because they have such good reviews on weddingwire... 72 reviews and maintaining a full 5 stars.  That's crazy.  LOL

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• ellennazellennaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are also using Teffanie!
  • tarynmichelletarynmichelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using AZ Music Man. They started at $775 for 6 hours but we were able to negotiate down to $600! Definitely don't forget to try negotiating ladies! It saved me almost $200! (Okay, it saved my dad  $200!)   :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Ed from Ray the DJ, I think it was about $850, although I do not remember exactly because we added some things on (ceremony mics and things like that) so it ended up being $1300, but I am pretty sure the 5 hours we had him at the reception were about $850.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sarah at Birkett entertainment - $995 for 7 hours.
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Syndelin - I looked into them because they were recommended by our venue.  It was the longest 2+ hour DJ meeting of my life.  I was done after the first 15 min! 

We did not meet with Juan, the owner because he was already booked on our day.  So, if you have the opportunity to meet with Juan, then you may want to, just make sure he would be the one doing your wedding. 

Instead we met with Joe another DJ for the company.  There is no way that after our meeting with him I could recommend them!  It was a long high pressured sales pitch with a lot of him talking at us, not with us.  At the end he wanted an answer right away.  We tried to cut the meeting short a few times and he interrupted us.  It was horrible. 

In the end, we booked with another DJ and a separate photobooth company. 
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used DJ Isaac - he has music for Indian and American Weddings :) it was for 6+ hours = $800.00  with disco lighting, lighting for the dance floor, and his own speakers :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • techchic8techchic8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ray is really awesome- you picked a great DJ! My husband, who's a musican, knows him and is very professional.
  • techchic8techchic8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried looking into a live band? They actually aren't as expensive as they seem. One of the best variety bands in town is the Bounce band. I've been to a couple of receptions with them and they are awesome! But the cool thing abuot a variety band is that they can do just about anything! We used a live band for our reception and they were worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards