Louisiana-New Orleans

January wedding & choosing a venue

Never thought this would be so hard!  My daughter's getting married ini NOLA Jan or Feb and we are having a hard time picking the venue.  St Louis Hotel is beautiful and fits our budget well.  Daughter wants to have an on site ceremony.  They have the retractable tarp for weather protection but everyone has recommended a 2nd line to give them time to break down from the ceremony and regroup for the reception.  The 2nd line sounds like fun but we are choosing this venue partly because of weather concerns and I'm worried about our guests parading down Bourbon St in the possibly freezing weather.  Some of the guests are older and might need wheel chairs or prefer to sit this out.   Any thoughts?  

Our 2nd choice is The Foundry but it's pricier and not sure if it will work well with our size.  Still getting a handle on things but it looks like 125 guests - 99% will be from

Re: January wedding & choosing a venue

• edited December 2011
    The Foundry is great and works will with any size.

Have you also looked at The Board of Trade, Muriels, The Westin, Galliher Hall, Bourbon Hotel, or the Cabildo?
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter looked at BOT but she was told they were going to be renovating and not sure if it would be ready in time.  She is looking at Jan 2012.   I like Muriels too but she wasn't sure.  We'll check out the others - thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    i thought the Board of Trade renovations were done.  I would also look at Hampton Inn on Convention Blvd

www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Is your concern that "we don't necessarily want to do a 2nd line, therefore what should we do between ceremony and reception?"

I think if that is the case, then ask the hotel if other groups have done something different other than 2nd line.  Is it that they need you out of the area while they regroup the chairs etc?  Maybe you could go to a different part of the hotel for "cocktail hour" or something...?

Or, you could still have the 2nd line despite it being cold, and the older guests could just sit it out if they wish.  It is really fun for OOT guests... Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards