June 2013 Weddings

C & V Thursday

Hi ladies!! Any confessions? Vents? Here's your chance to let 'em out!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• rmp4996rmp4996 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Confession: My parents are paying for our reception, among some other things, like my dress, half of the DOC, and some other little things my mom really wants. But I am worried that she is going to take over. FI keeps saying she should be able to have things she wants, and I agree, but I worry that she ill overshadow what  FI wants because he will never speak up about it like I would.

Vent: I had a minor meltdown yesterday with my FI. I usually don't get as emotional as I did, but I was experiencing a little PMS (I hate using that as an excuse, it usually doesn't effect me but yesterday something got into me.) FI was driving, and he was texting while driving with me in the car. He wasn't even talking about anything important, just to one of his alcoholic friends about coming over. I got really, really mad-he knows I don't really like that, yesterday I flat out told him I don't want him texting while I am in the car. He kind of ignored me, and I got really mad/upset. I started running through all these things in my head that I wanted to say to him, like how direspectful it was, and dangerous, and careless, but instead I looked away and cried, which I normally don't do. I wasn't balling, so I don't think he noticed, but he tried to talk to me about something else and I gave him the cold shoulder. I think he finally got the point, because when his phone went off, he didn't answer it. I don't think I am wrong for being mad, do you guys? I just wish I would have spoken up about WHY I was mad instead of just pouting like a child, I just wasn't feeling like myself. 

Later, on the way home, some idiot was trying to get into a lane that was backed up with traffic, so he was like sideways in between 2 lanes, and FI was like "did you see that idiot?" and I said "Yep, good thing you weren't texting and driving, it's people like that who make it dangerous" and he just said "ohh geez I get it." So I'm hoping the problem stops, I just feel like it's so disrepectful to me to do that. Wow, that turned into a long vent, thanks for listening ladies.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • rmp, I don't think it's unreasonable. My FI used to be really bad about it too, but usually now he'll hand the phone to me and just tell me what to write. Not perfect, but preferred over the alternative. 

Confession: We're building a deck on our house. FI got the permit this week. We're doing all the work ourselves. FI's dad is super good at this kind of stuff and he's going to help us out, but I'm not looking forward to it. I love FI's parents but his dad likes to talk very logistically and overly explain things. It drives FI nuts and I kind of don't like to listen either. It took them like 12 hours to put up the new garage door opener. 12 hours! Because of the talking and not understanding each other even if they're saying the same thing. It's crazy. The deck is way bigger and much more complex than a garage door motor and I'm seriously not looking forward to endless weekends of this. Plus we just finished hand staining our fence and it was by far the most horrid and miserable home owner chore I've done yet. And now we're going to have to stain a huge 24'x12' wrap around deck. Oh, I'm not excited.

Vent: I guess I don't really have one. FI has gone back to not doing his lunch dishes and leaving them for me to do when I get home from work. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been outside digging the post holes for the deck before work everyday this week which is something I would think I would enjoy until about five minutes in, than turn into a complaining sniveling whiner. So it's okay.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Confession: I am SO glad my boss isn't here today! That means I can look at wedding stuff all I want lol.

Vent: I really don't my FI best friend to be his groomsman. He cheated on his wife and the only reason they are 'together' now is because she's pregnant. Apparently, a baby is a magic potion that cures all things. I can't stand him and I don't understand how my FI can be friends with a low lying piece of scum like him. Oops, very negative there but truth is the light lol. My FI says it's because they have been friends forever and his friend really hasn't done anything to him personally. It boggles my mind that he can be friends with someone who broke a commandment :-/
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • rmp, I so hear you on this one! It drives me nuts when FI texts or plays on-line while driving, and I tell it all the time. His response always is "I've never been in an accident". Mmm, I'm pretty sure at least half of people who get into an accident at one point or another have said that phrase before! Urgh! He does put his phone away, but then a week or two goes by and he's doing it again!

Confession/Vent: It is soooo hard to get back to work routine after being away for a week. I am not a morning person, and now I have to be up early (well, for me anyways - 6:30) again and get me and my kiddo ready before going to work, and I feel like I'm always rushing and getting aggravated for that reason.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rmp, I think periodically, girls should be allowed one judgement free meltdown like that. We deal with a lot of BS, we can't keep it together every second of every day. Hopefully your fiance now realizes how much his texting and driving bothers you.
    cnf, post pictures of the new deck once you guys get it finished. It sounds like it's pretty sweet!!
    MrsP, your best man sounds like a d-bag. I can see why you wouldn't think he's the best candidate to stand up for you & your fiance.

Confession: I'm having a hard time not spending my whole morning reading up on the Supreme Court's ruling on the Affordable Care Act. Both of my degrees are in Criminology, and I tend to nerd out over big Supreme Court rulings. Stuff like this makes me wish I had a class to go to tonight so I could discuss the implications of the ruling.

Vent: I, for once, have nothing to complain about right now. It's only 11:00 though, so there's still plenty of time for this to change.
  • rmp! So funny that is your vent because I was yelling at FI for the same exact thing yesterday! He was texting while we were driving during rush hour traffic. It just makes me very uncomfortable, I wont lie, I text when I am stopped at a red light, but that is it, I would never text while actually driving.

Vent: My future sister in law can be really annoying. I dont think we will ever be close, we are about 10 years apart and I think she looks at me like I am a baby. ex. I started dating FI when I was 19, the first time I met her we went out to dinner and her and FI were drinking and she was like "oh I guess you can just have a coke hahah". Well, I am not 19 anymore, I am almost 25, and she is always making little comments like that to me and in general, I couldnt stick up for myself then, but I have no problem doing so now. She also has a normal job like a normal person, but she works for the CEO of a major hospital around here and thinks she is the sh**.. Girlfriend, I am happy for you that you have a good job, but please dont say you get special meetings with people because of "who you are" it comes across as extremely arrogant and condescending. Whenever I try to talk about wedding stuff, she appears extremely bored and always changes the subject back to her and her job, and she is one of my BMs. It just really hurts my feelings. /rant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Confession: I decided to "work from home" today. But I think we all know what that means :)

Vent: FI had to fly across the country because he found out his grandfather is dying.  It's really sad, and he's busting his @$$ helping his family (particularly his grandmother) and just trying to make things easier.  I never get to talk to him for more than 30 seconds because of everything going on.  However, his cousin apparently has time to post frivolous stuff on FB and buy new cars go hang out with his friends.  It's frustrating to me because FI is obviously trying to ease the family's stress load and could use some help while this kid does nothing!

...And I miss him Frown
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Confession: I am getting really paniced about how we are going to pay for everything.... It just seems to never stop. I am becoming more and more resentful of my parents that aren't helping us pay for anything, not because they don't want to, but because they can't afford to because they overspend on stupid things all the time....

Vent: I guess I just did that above. I already vented a lot about my mom issue... multiple times... but it just seems like every day something else comes up that reminds me of how upset I am with my parents.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: I've done absolutely nothing productive at work all week and have been spending my time playing SimCity Social on Facebook. It's my new addiction. I've also just agreed to go to town with my mother only because we might go shopping after going to the DMV.

Vent: I'm graduating college in less than six months, and I have recently become a part owner of our construction company. Because I'm going back to school in the fall, it's hard to really give me any big responsibilities because I can't do them from school. Therefore, my mother likes to make me water her stupid flowers and clean out cars that she trashed up as work because she doesn't have time. Odd that she has time to take on new projects like real estate and be gone all day because of a 9am meeting but she can't take care of the flowers that SHE planted at HER house or throw away trash in the car/bring her stuff in when she makes a mess. She's also been taking my car because it's easier for clients to get in and out of. I don't mind it (because she pays for the car), but she always leaves all her stuff in it for me to clean out.

I know I sound like a spoiled little brat, but that's what C&V is for right?
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Confession... I hate FI school right now. He's working to becoming a family/marriage counselor. I know he'll be good at it. He's only taking one class over the summer so we could have some more time, and the class is a pain and kicking his butt. I am being as supportive as I can, but I hate that I have to go days without seeing him because of his school.

Vent... My ex asked if he could take just my oldest (11 yr old boy) to Vegas with him, his GF, her mom and her 14 yr old daughter. Now his GF likes to gamble and I just wasn't too sure about my 11 yr old in Vegas being watched by someone else while he is off. I have an odd feeling like there's more to this than what he's telling me (no suprise there, he's a liar and game player). SO I texted him and asked him if he had any intentions of letting our 11 yr old explore on his own (he looks and sometimes acts older than 11, but he's still alittle boy) and I haven't heard back, it's been 3 days now. It's techinaclly my weekend and I finally told my son that if his dad can't answer my simple question, than he can't go. I don't think my son is overly upset. I hate being ignored especially when it involves the kids. And I HATE the fact that the only time my ex is decent to me is when he wants something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rmp I complain about FI texting and talking on the phone all the time when I'm in the car. I hate not only because it's dangerous but it's rude too! Confession: I haven't watered my flowers that I had my sister spend the day planting over two weeks ago, now they're all starting to die. But I've been so tired since coming back from Oregon I don't want to do anything. Vent: I came back from vacation to find out that I have to design 7 stores and have everything purchased and paid for before September 30th that's on top of the four stores that are in the process of being designed now and remodeling of the entire concourse starting in November while maintaining the other 10 stores! Oh and I forgot about the VIP room for the theater that I thought I was done with but now everything is being flipped around all because they don't want to extend the handrails! Ugghh this is the first time I've actually felt stressed at work and I wanted to take a few days off in the beginning of August to do wedding stuff with my mom since she's only here for a couple of weeks. I know most of you will probably have no idea what I'm talking about just because you don't know where I work but it feels good to let it out. Thanks for listening. :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards