April 2012 Weddings
Options

What to do....

So, this past weekend my fiance was able to come to town and I set up a flurrry of appointments with photographers and caterers. And as we saw the price tag just keep skyrocketing each time, FI said we should just elope. I always wanted the typical wedding and he doesn't care, he just wants me to be happy.

We are paying for it ourselves and recently my family has had a lot of drama going on that was unexpected. (possible federal jail time for a fam member who is quite important among other things) And I'm coming to the realization that the typical wedding probably isn't going to be doable with not a lot of help financially.

So we have looked into Sandals resorts to go there and get married. We already have the money saved to go, and plus we can get a honeymoon out of it, which we more than likely won't be able to do if we have a typical wedding.

So I dont' know what to do!! I've been so upset about all the family drama etc. I'm kinda just ready to go to Sandals and get married!
Anniversary

Re: What to do....

• Options
    Then just lose the drama and go to Sandals and get married :-)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I second that! You'll still have a beautiful wedding, and a honeymoon as well!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You can also have a traditional wedding for A LOT less.   Just work with off-peak things.   Say a Thursday evening wedding instead of Saturday night.  A DIY venue rather than a ballroom.  A cookout instead of a plated meal.

Don't let money make your choice.  :P
  • Options
    <font color="#000080">[QUOTE]You can also have a traditional wedding for A LOT less.   Just work with off-peak things.   Say a Thursday evening wedding instead of Saturday night.  A DIY venue rather than a ballroom.  A cookout instead of a plated meal. Don't let money make your choice.  :P
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

</font>I agree with Kendall

If a traditional wedding is something you always dreamed about, then you shouldn't let someone else take that from you. Nowadays there are many ways to have an affordable traditional wedding... I think is a personal desicion. I had always dreamed about having a wedding, wearing my gown, veil... etc. When I got my civil wedding, it was something so simple and rushed. dont get me wrong, i was happy, what matters is promising eternal love to ur special someone, but still all the time I would look at wedding pics, or movies, anything related to a wedding made me feel sad, because I realized that maybe that was something that wasnt gonna happen to me. So now that we are planning our religious wedding I'm extremely happy, even though many ppl in the forums say is not a wedding, i dont care, is my wedding, is my happiness and im doing what feels right to me. Is my dream.. it is a budget wedding though, we are paying for it.. we too have several family issues, but you know what we are not doing it just so they can have a good time, we are doing it for ourselves. If we only have 10 ppl at our wedding, we will still be happy because those 10ppl are really sharing our happiness and celebrating with us. So just think about what reallly will make you happy, in this situation is ok to be a little selfish! :)
    April 2012 October siggy challenge Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards