September 2013 Weddings
Options

Uninterested FI?

Is anyone else's FI MIA during the planning? Mine has no idea what is being planned nor does he want to have an idea. How do y'all handle this? Do y'all just brush it off? To be honest it kind of hurts my feelings because he shows absolutely no interest. I feel like he doesn't realize how fast time is going by and that we still have a lot to do. Maybe I'm just letting stress get to me.

Re: Uninterested FI?

• Options
    Don't be hurt! This is perfectly normal!!! : my FI is a little too involved, so sometimes I wish I had a little more control, but he is not typical. Have you told your FI you want him involved? Are you incorporating any of his ideas? A lot of us brides have a vision and the men often get told no too much so they back off. I would tell him how important it is to you, but I'm not sure if he will care about linen colors, and you can't take it to heart.
  • Options
    I want mine to be a little more invloved, but I have to remember that he doesn't care about the little details.  He just wants to be there for the fun stuff.  I'm enlisting him for some of the crafty stuff, like helping make my tin can candle holders (he gets to drill holes in them, which is a mantastic craft...

Remember, that when you need help, your bridesmaids are there, too.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    well it depends--if all you do is TALK WEDDING (like I do) LOL then maybe it is making him a lil uninterested.... and regardless, you prob wouldnt want his opinions much anyway. Most men cant make sense of these things, they dont care about llinens, flowers, all the little details..

• Options
    My FI is the one who wanted a much larger wedding, so initially he was much more invested than I was.  Now however, I think he's sort of over the whole thing.  We had a chat this weekend about how I'm fine with everything that we have so far (it's more than what I initially wanted) so if he wants anything else, he needs to step up and help me out with it.  When he actually looked at the list of what we've done and what we have left, I think he sort of got it and offered to help with a bunch of stuff.  Maybe you need to talk to your FI about not being interested and have him plan the stuff he IS interested in.
  • Options
    My FI went to meet with the caterer with me and he took engagement photos. He also got the addresses (most of them) that I asked him to get. Other than that... zilch, nada, nothing! He SAID he would be involved with the DJ and picking out songs. Well, one day we were bored so we started listening to music to see what our FIRST DANCE would be and after like 3 songs (not even listening to the whole song) he zoned out and started playing stupid songs like Marky Mark just to annoy me because he thought it was funny. Ughhh he no longer has tasks to do... other than to communicate things to his groomsmen, which he keeps forgetting to and there was only ONE thing he was supposed to call and tell them (about the price of the hotel since they need to figure out if they are reserving their rooms NOW because of the way it is worked out... he should have told them over a month ago so they would have had time to set aside money)
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards