South Carolina
Options

trying to plan an entire wedding with only $15,000!

I am recently engaged and in need of all the advice I can get planning this wedding! I live in Myrtle Beach and I am looking for a venue/ceremony spot! I looked at Pine Lakes Country Club and it is everything I ever dreamed of!!! Is this a possible place that will not be over budget? I have about 60-75 guests attending. I would love to have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception! Not the beach for the ceremony though! Does anyone know of any places within budget? BUT!!!! I would love to have everything at Pine Lakes! HELP! 

Re: trying to plan an entire wedding with only $15,000!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pine Lakes is so beautiful! I looked at having my wedding there too! I think that you can probably stay on budget there with 60-75 guests. Call Lori Boggs at Pine Lakes she'll be able to email you all the information you need about the venue and food. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Remember you can DIY your invitations, do more simple/in season flowers, save on a dress, etc to cut back to have your dream place. 

Look for a ceremony location that wouldn't need much decoration. Altar pieces and other large flower arrangements can break a budget. Simple centerpieces are your friends. Dollar tree carries inexpensive glass vases. www.wholesalefloral.com carries inexpensive centerpiece containers.

Having everything at one location would cut out limo fees. Chairs and specialty linens are an added cost that no one will notice in the end. Do you remember what the table linens were like at the wedding you attend 3-6 months ago? Look at the price difference between places where you bring in your own alcohol or they serve it. It is usually cheaper to bring in your own. Ask for corking fees, etc with BYOB.

Invitations can be created on Publisher and printed, www.vistaprint.com, www.123print.com or pick some up at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby has great 50% off sales on Candles, wedding stuff, etc. Remember don't go crazy on invitations and programs. People are going to throw these away.

Ok - so a little off topic but I hope it helps!!! Whatever you do, don't let your guest list get out of control. I did and now my wallet wants to kill me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    annaescottannaescott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Christa Harder (christaharderphotography@gmail.com) for photography.  Her packages are really reasonable, and all of her packages come with an engagement session too.

We did the invitations DIY with the kits from Office Depot, and bought velum paper that we printed them on and tied to it, and it really dressed it up.  No one could tell we did it ourselves.  If you asked me that weekend we were putting them together, I would have said pay anyone any amount to do them, but now I see it was a good place to cut the budget.  Just make sure you leave a good full weekend open to do it.

I bet you can do it at Pine Lakes pretty easily for that number.  It probably includes everything, so you won't have rental fees, and you don't have to do a full meal.  You may also want to try the Dunes Club, Ocean Club, Marriott and Marina Inn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_trying-plan-entire-wedding-only-15000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:2dc19ffd-ec8a-4a3b-8d0d-2fd02ca50a31Post:bab5af1b-1e3b-4ef1-9411-6cbae8f0e0ab">Re: trying to plan an entire wedding with only $15,000!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Contact Christa Harder (christaharderphotography@gmail.com) for photography.  Her packages are really reasonable, and all of her packages come with an engagement session too. Posted by annaescott[/QUOTE]

I would also suggest comparing her to other photographers. I was able to get 4 or 5 photographers down to my price range but in the end it came down to what I wanted vs what their packages offered. I ended up splurging $100, from my cheapest quote, to get 2 photographers instead of one. I went with a husband and wife team and it has been great so far. <a href="http://www.hammettphotography.com/">www.hammettphotography.com</a>

Also, don't be afraid to say "I love your work but this is a little above my price range. Is there anything in this quote we can tweak to help with price?"  These two sentences have saved me thousands...NO JOKE!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just completed that feat in Greenville so it is totally possible. We DIY'd all the stationary which saved a ton! Also I had to compromise on flowers to go with in season and smaller bouquets - fortunately our reception site provided center pieces which were simple and perfect to help save. Also, I found a designer gown with tags still on on Ebay...I tried on all sorts of styles and found one that had everything I liked for only $300!  Also, Marshall Graham Photography was 1/2 the cost of everyone I found in our area - don't be decieved with how young he is, he is awesome and does travel!

Don't worry - you can do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SMSRTL2010 - which florist did you use?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should be fine with $15000. There are brides on here that have less than $3 grand to spend on an entire wedding with your size guest list and they do it beautifully.
    Go over to the Budget board. Those girls have great ideas over there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I wish we had 15000 dollar wedding budget. Ours is $6000 and we are having a beach ceremony in Myrtle Beach (ceremony/reception at the same place). Our guest list is about 130 and most of our guests will be out of town, from MI and FL, and other parts of SC. So everyone is travelling! I am online DAILY looking for deals. Because since all of our guests are OOT, its like a destination wedding for everyone, so we weant to make it special. Ive found great deals, on many websites and alot is DIY (but thats a BIG MONEY SAVER). If we are able to plan a Destination wedding with a beach ceremony, reception at resort the ceremony is going to be infront of, with a guests list of 130 (hopefully:-/). Then it is definitely possible you can do a non beach wedding here in MB for 15000, for suuure. Just gotta find the right people and deals. The internet is grandddd let me tell ya! HTH :)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an event planner, specializing in weddings serving all of the Carolinas, and I would highly recommend Pine Lakes and Lori Boggs and think you should be able to stay within budget since you don't have as many people. Not sure if you are interested in a planner, but one benefit of hiring one is that we know quality vendors to accomodate your budget so in the long run you will end up saving more money with cake, flowers, etc. which would all help you since you want to spend more on the venue. Hope this helps some and feel free to contact me if you are interested. I would be more than happy to work with you and provide a free consultation!
    Leslie
    Memorablemomentsmb@yahoo.com
    www.memorablemomentsmb.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at Pasha Belman Photography 

Amazing photographer from Myrtle Beach SC :) 

or look him up on facebook - he always adds new stuff http://www.facebook.com/pashabelman
  • Options
    britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Brittany Mauldin Photography they offer great rates. Very nice photographer willing to work on a budget!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards