Plus-Sized
Options

Vent/Depressed

So last year, I was very healthy for a long time and lost some weight. My out-of-province sister came to visit so we went dress shopping and I found a beautiful dress, for a great deal! Bought it, gained weight, and have been struggling so much in loosing it again. no good reason on why I cna't loose it, just eating too much and not moving enough.
I'm 5'2, 145 pounds, and need to get to at LEAST 130, 125 would be LOT better and anymore would make me very happy. but... the wedding is June 23.
I just wish I could be better and find my will power. A this point I'm going to have to be 100% perfect to reach my goals, but what am I to do at all the pre-wedding parties, not to mention just general life where everyone around me is eating like crazy but still somehow not fat... :(
Even when I do loose a little weight, I snap at some point and gain it back. I'm making any progress, just go back and forth with 5 pounds.
White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent/Depressed

• Options
    I know that it sucks. I've been fighting to lose weight forever. If you like to dance and move, try Zumba classes. They are a blast and you don't realize you just worked for an hour. On an average, I burn 700-800 calories in an hour. I do it 3 times a week, but I definitely wouldn't suggest starting out at that many. I have only lost about 7 pounds so far, but my legs and arms have toned up a lot and I can see where I'm getting smaller around my midsection. Watch portions and no late snacking. That is my downfall. I really hope you find something that works for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling that way!  You will look beautiful on your wedding day regardless.  If you can, try a class like mand mentioned.  Good luck and hugs!

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ok, I've been REALLY strict with myself and have gone from 330+ to 225 since the end of last Summer and still losing...

1. Set aside one day a week for a cheat day. Like you can have a couple things you REALLY crave. You'll find it easier to stick with workouts and diet the rest of the week if your "I can have this in x days" is never over 6 days.

2. Get up before breakfast and drink a glass of water.

3. Go for a fast walk or a jog for 20-30 minutes but DO NOT start counting until you get your heart rate up.

4. Have a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and fruit OR a couple egg whites with bell peppers, onion, cilantro, etc on veggies.

5. Keep drinking water and have some berries as a snack and it'll keep the cravings down.

6. Your biggest meal should be lunch and mostly veggies.

7. Another snack of something light like yoghurt before dinner.

8. A light dinner salad.

9. Make sure you drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. And NO FRUIT JUICES! A glass of orange juice is the equivalent of drinking 6 oranges and NO diet plan ever calls for that.

I'm not trying to force you into trying it, if you don't want to then feel free to find something for you. It's just that this is the ONLY one that's ever worked for me. And you sound determined. I know whatever you go with you'll succeed. :-) I jus recommend you at least keep the cheat day and water/no juice ones. You would not BELIEVE how many calories come from beverages... I quit soda alone and lost 20 pounds....
  • Options
    you should check out the getting in shape board. We have daily accountability threads and I find it very motivational - helps keep me in check!

I also can't recommend myfitnesspal.com enough - being more aware of what I'm eating has helped a lot.

Goodluck! You can do it! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_ventdepressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:975ec8b1-0bb4-47f5-ac0b-ef5384cd7993Post:fdc453b6-0fee-41bf-b389-0c639fe3b972">Re: Vent/Depressed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I've been REALLY strict with myself and have gone from 330+ to 225 since the end of last Summer and still losing... 1. Set aside one day a week for a cheat day. Like you can have a couple things you REALLY crave. You'll find it easier to stick with workouts and diet the rest of the week if your "I can have this in x days" is never over 6 days. 2. Get up before breakfast and drink a glass of water. 3. Go for a fast walk or a jog for 20-30 minutes but DO NOT start counting until you get your heart rate up. 4. Have a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and fruit OR a couple egg whites with bell peppers, onion, cilantro, etc on veggies. 5. Keep drinking water and have some berries as a snack and it'll keep the cravings down. 6. Your biggest meal should be lunch and mostly veggies. 7. Another snack of something light like yoghurt before dinner. 8. A light dinner salad. 9. <strong>Make sure you drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day</strong>. And NO FRUIT JUICES! A glass of orange juice is the equivalent of drinking 6 oranges and NO diet plan ever calls for that. I'm not trying to force you into trying it, if you don't want to then feel free to find something for you. It's just that this is the ONLY one that's ever worked for me. And you sound determined. I know whatever you go with you'll succeed. :-) I jus recommend you at least keep the cheat day and water/no juice ones. You would not BELIEVE how many calories come from beverages... I quit soda alone and lost 20 pounds....
    Posted by amandamarielynn[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a great plan to achieve your goals.  The only concern I have is someone your size drinking a gallon of water a day.  You can develop hyponatremia (dilution of the blood), which can cause symptoms from a headache to mental disorientation.  Drink when your thirsty or sip while exercising! 
    Good luck!
  • Options
    One thing I've done that helped is calorie counting.  I use an online tool where I enter in what I've eaten and it keeps track for me.  I can still 'cheat' and have foods I like, but knowing how many calories it is helps me adjust the rest of the day.  I'm working my way up to walking more as well as starting DDR again, but just keeping track of what I eat, even if I go over, makes me much better at controling what and how much I eat.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards