Plus-Sized
Options

Leg rub

Does anyone else have this problem? That when you wear a dress sometimes you get that awful leg rub? Is anyone doing anything to prevent it on your wedding day? I was thinking of wearing spanx.

Re: Leg rub

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_leg-rub?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:cd6c0d86-62a6-413e-9f39-f00566ce070dPost:aa84808d-c56f-403b-8b8e-909401d3988a">Leg rub</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else have this problem? That when you wear a dress sometimes you get that awful leg rub? Is anyone doing anything to prevent it on your wedding day? I was thinking of wearing spanx.
    Posted by lisag76[/QUOTE]

heck ya! i dont wanna start a fire down there! lol...i will be wearing spanx
  • Options
    deodorant!  a friend of mine taught me that trick a few years ago.  just rub deodorant up and down the inside of your thighs and even though they may rub it won't cause chaffing or rash or anything.  i will be wearing spanx on my wedding also but i use the deodorant trick all the time :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Spanx! love em :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My friend wore a peasant skirt on a tour of DC and after 5 miles of walking bought an expensive pair of souveneir shorts to wear under her skirt or she woulnt have been able to walk another step!  I always wear bike shorts/spanx/leggings under dresses and skirts because I am a pear shape and all jiggly in the butt and thighs which makes me very self conscious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_leg-rub?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:cd6c0d86-62a6-413e-9f39-f00566ce070dPost:9da04b60-5501-4069-9f11-cd71fd882bf6">Re: Leg rub</a>:
    [QUOTE]deodorant!  a friend of mine taught me that trick a few years ago.  just rub deodorant up and down the inside of your thighs and even though they may rub it won't cause chaffing or rash or anything.  i will be wearing spanx on my wedding also but i use the deodorant trick all the time :-)
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

love that idea...i am going to try it ...they also make this special cream for chaffing areas .  they sell it with the womens personal wash
  • Options
    we use suave spray deodorant the baby powder scent. works great
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been using baby powder but I am definitely going to try the deoderant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use that chaffing cream as makeup primer. LOL Ten times cheaper than makeup primer with the exact same ingredients.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Options
    deodorant here! that trick is amazing Smile
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad that this question was asked, I have the same issue but was too embaressed to ask...Thank You!!!!!
    Junebride12
  • Options
    I wear spanx or shorts underneath. 
  • Options
    I vote spanx .....My only concern on my wedding day is trying to hike them up under my big dress when I have to use the restroom....
  • Options
    I use baby powder but will be trying the deodorant trick for the RD and if all goes well then I will use it the day of!
  • Options
    Deodorant and when i wear a dress i wear my old slider shorts that i wore for softball they hold youin and stay down alot better than spandex shorts. oh yeah and the keep you cool :) 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have a pair of Spanx I wear with curve-hugging dresses and I love them!  But, I've found that after 3 hours in them, they start to ride up and it gets annoying.  If you can get away without wearing Spanx, hit your local department store or Kohl's and search for some slips that are made like shorts.  I have two - a 20" and a 24" and they work wonders to keep your legs from rubbing together!  Plus they don't ride up on me like the Spanx do.  I wear them under my dresses in the summer and they're great.

On another note, I'm loving the deodorant idea!  I had never heard of that before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For the ladies that were worried about spanks and bathroom usage.... The number 2 is still on your own, but they have a double gasset (or an opening at the crotch) so you can pee without all the dress gettin in the way.  :)
  • Options
    Spray deodorant or regular deodorant, which works better?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Instead of deodorant, you can also try body glide. I used to get awful chafing, and then I was recommended this at a running shoe store. It works WONDERS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards