Wedding Etiquette Forum

Unexpected Shower Gift

FI has lots of far-away family, so not many were able to attend the shower.  His dad's sisters are all a bit goofy, and the two who were not present are the ones with the craziest reputations. 

Among all of my wonderful kitchen goodies, his aunts sent a very pretty, very tiny nightie.  It was the ONLY lingerie at the party--along with the only non-present gift-giver--which makes TY writing awkward. 

I found cute, "proper" TY ideas, but I feel like they'll think I didn't like it if I sound too stuffy about it.  At the same time, I don't want to blow it off, because it really is gorgeous.  And FI and I love lingerie. 

Ugh.  Ideas?

Re: Unexpected Shower Gift

• You love it, you tell them so.  I think you're overthinking this. 
  • I am overthinking it.  Maybe that's all I needed to hear, haha..
  • I overthought writing my thank you cards as well and searched online for wording...here is wording I found...I know I added to this thought and wrote a bit more so it wasn't a few sentences but here it is

For Gift Sent in Lieu of Attendance

“Thank you for the [insert gift]. Know that you were missed at the shower, but your well wishes were thoroughly felt on the day. Your [insert gift] was lovely and very thoughtful. Thanks again.”

Anniversary
  • "missed you at the shower, but thanks for the beautiful gift!"

i think that works well enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards