Texas-San Antonio

Vendor Reviews

Here are my vendor reviews for anyone who's interested:

Bella Notte Bridal - F-
If there was a grade lower than F, I'd give them that.  Most of you know my drama with this place.  If you don't, read any of the online reviews of this store and that's my exact same story.  Clearly they have issues with customer service and living up to the expectations they set.

The Threadbender, Diana Ackerman- A++++ 
Most of you have also seen me post gushing reviews about Diana.  I really bonded with her and she was just so fun and professional.  You can tell she loves what she does and she is amazingly talented.  My mom and I just love her to death!  Unfortunately, she's ill and has temporarily closed her business but her assistant is still doing work under her supervision so if you need contact info, please email me.

Doberenz Photography, Allen Doberenz - A++++
Love him and his pictures.  He is so fun and easy going.  His work is just amazing.  I've had so many people say that they wish they knew about him when they got married.  I think he is very reasonably priced and I would've paid double.

Eden's Echo, Erin McLarty - A+
The flowers were beautiful, she was very easy to work with, prompt at replying to questions/emails.  She't gotten a zillion rave reviews on here and I was also very pleased.

Capri Hair Studio- A+
They were fantastic!  They had 3 makeup artists (2 of whom were brought in for our "event") and 3-4 hair stylists working on all of us to get us out by noon.  I think my girls who had hair and makeup done looked AMAZING and I LOVED my makeup and my hair!  If you'd like to see pictures, please email me.
The staff were all so sweet and friendly.  Priscilla is the owner and she really bent over backward to get us scheduled there.  Plus they set up a breakfast with bagels, cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, muffins etc plus mimosas!  It was a lifesaver!  My wedding was at 2:00 and we didn't eat dinner until 5:30 so that breakfast got us all through the day.

Pat O'Brien's Grand Promenade- A, see details in previous post.

Cakes by Kristine, Kristine Jimenez- B+
I thought the icing was overly sweet on my cake but holy cow, we heard rave reviews on my husband's cake.   The best chocolate cake ever!  The tiers on my cake were also not centered that well but not a huge deal.  Overall, for what I paid, I think it was a great deal and I'd use her again.

Sunny Ray Productions, Roger Canamar- A+
This DJ was recommended by our event planner at Pat O's.  He charges about $100 an hour which wasn't bad.  He's not one of the young guys, he's probably in his 40s but he was great!  He played what we asked and didn't play what we'd asked him not to.  He checked with us when there were specific requests that didn't fit what we'd approved.  He was personable and easy to deal with.

Alright, I think that's everyone.  Email me or reply here if you have any questions, need contact info or wanted to see pictures of something, oliviosis@yahoo.com

Hope those help some of you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews

• MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am still super jealous I didn't hear about Capri before your post. It sounds like an awesome experience to have with your girls before the big event!

I'm so glad you liked your vendors...Bella Notte excluded of course, I don't know how they are still in business.

Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011

I want to see pics!!!  Do you have any sneak peeks from your photographer?

• edited December 2011
    I want to see pics too! Not of anything in particular, just how beautiful and happy you and your husband (yay!) were. If you get any uploaded online anywhere please give us a link! If you just feel like sharing a few of what you do have, you can also email me at linzlars at gmail dot com.  :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards