Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Jenny Layne Bakery

Has anyone used her? I know she is very reasonably priced and want book to go for my "BUDGET" wedding.
Tiffany G, CPA

Re: Jenny Layne Bakery

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen her mentioned here.  Make sure you have a tasting first so that you can make sure the cake is good and that you like the flavors. 
  • Options
    Tiffany_UTATiffany_UTA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She used to work out of her home and is opening a location in Flower Mound in Feb. We have a tasting set up, but I like reviews, you know? Esp since decorating is important!
    Tiffany G, CPA
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just look at everything she has pictures of--I didn't see much on her website.  That's the risk you take going with someone new. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

You might want to remove your full name, and work title, from your siggy. No telling what creepers are out there...

~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_jenny-layne-bakery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ea131c9e-eef1-49eb-b86b-7a475341a2c1Post:e2f80ca9-531d-4fa3-b1ac-fd239398359e">Re: Jenny Layne Bakery</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might want to remove your full name, and work title, from your siggy. No telling what creepers are out there...
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS! </div><div>
    </div><div>Yes. I meant to yell. :)</div>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This?

Creepers?

Tiffany G, CPA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_jenny-layne-bakery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ea131c9e-eef1-49eb-b86b-7a475341a2c1Post:34dee7c9-c7c1-458d-ad5a-852b6fdff7e9">Re: Jenny Layne Bakery</a>:
    [QUOTE]This? Creepers?
    Posted by Tiffany_UTA[/QUOTE]

Since this is a public forum, any crazypants can get your info and stalk you.

I've even heard of one girl's ex stalking her on TK, and calling all her vendors and cancelling.
    Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure hope there arent a bunch of losers like that out there... 

Honestly, my name and license are public info anyway.... lol
    Tiffany G, CPA
  • Options
    aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You also listed your email address on one of the other threads. There is a personal message feature that this forum has. If I were you, I would ask that someone PM me and THEN you can give them your email. 
    Just trying to help out. These boards are google searchable and viewable by anyone. :) 

ETA: I haven't heard of her yet. Definitely do a cake tasting if I were you. I am sure she has more pictures of past cakes in her bakery. Ask to see them :) 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aeliza06-- I appreciate the advice. Things are def not the same as they were back in 03 when I was on here, but then again, technology has changed a lot as well.

I will use the PM thing. THANK YOU!!
    Tiffany G, CPA
  • Options
    I went to High School Jenny from Jenny Layne, her cakes are delicious and she is a great person!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards