Michigan-Detroit
Options

Tell us Tuesday

What is something people find surprising about you?

Re: Tell us Tuesday

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Probably that I already have my Master's degree.  I graduated MSU in May 2008 and by December 2010 I had my MBA specializing in International Business.  It always seems to shock people that I enjoyed school so much that I went back!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It used to be my age, that I didn't look it. But now that gravity has taken hold, not as hard to believe Wink
  • Options
    People at work are always surprised when they figure out I have a facial piercing. I work for a pretty conservative company that obviously doesn't allow for facial piercings in the work environment - I wear a clear retainer in the eyebrow piercing while at work and the only time people get that there's something there is when I have my bangs completely pulled back.

My boss for the first time on Friday realized I had it - the look on his face was pretty priceless.

My friends and family are probably surprised that I'm getting married. I was always the girl who wasn't going to do that.
  • Options
    It would probably be that I was a concert photographer and would go to 150-200 concerts a year.  I had the time of my life doing it from 18-22, however it was not something I could do for my whole life.  I buckled down at school and finished my 1st degree and I have no regrets.  I have a ton of memories and photos of course, met so many people (famous and not).  I will admit there are times I miss the atmosphere, especially being on stage with my favorite bands and looking out into the crowd at hundreds or thousands of people, however the hours and traveling was not the most glamorous.

The only other surprising thing would be that I finished my Masters degree in under 2 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm, probably my age. Just last semester some of my school friends found out that I am 28 and they were all shocked. They thought I was 21-22! 

I also played the flute for 12 years, I had an opportunity to join a symphony but instead chose to travel for a bit. Since turning it down-I haven't touched an instrument since! I doubt I could read sheet music now. :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Since graduating HS, I've attended 4 colleges, joined the Army, volunteered in San Antonio for 4 months, I'm married, and... I'm 21. 
  • Options
    Definately my age. I am in my thirties and everyone thinks I  am 25 or less.  I say my secret is long hair, fair skin and a baby face :) I have been contemplating getting some botox around the eyes for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm I was a music education major..most people are surprised to find that my major instrument is tuba. I guess people think skinny girls don't or shouldn't play such a big instrument. Marched 4 years in college too. Here's a goofy picture.

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    2 years ago I received a liver transplant. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That I'm smarter than I look. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How much I've done in life already given that I'm only 24. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards