New York-Hudson Valley

MOB dresses

Where did your moms have success in getting their dresses??

I am a MOB and feel overwhelmed looking to get a dress, I hate the appointment thing, cause then I feel like I have to buy from that place, but really want to shop around a bit.  Any suggestions.

Re: MOB dresses

• edited December 2011
    My mom purchased hers at the Town Shop in Poughkeepsie. She found the dress in October when I got my dress, but didn't purhase it until last weekend. She went into the store a couple of times to try it on and make sure she was picking the right dress. I've heard they can be pushy, but not with me, my mom, or my bridesmaids.
    There's also a great store in Harriman - Harriman Clothing Company. It's actually shares a store with Harriman Army/Navy.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My mom and grandmother got theirs on clearance at David's Bridal.  $79.  Defiitley a non pressure setting.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress from Bella Couture in Newburgh, which is where I got my dress.
    My aunt got a dress for my cousin's wedding from the Harriman Clothing Company, in Harriman (obviously).
    imageimageimage
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_mob-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:095b42f1-8ea8-4fc0-a38d-d20572d25202Post:47167b9a-400f-4d88-abfd-33f9b5c53b5a">Re: MOB dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom purchased hers at the Town Shop in Poughkeepsie. She found the dress in October when I got my dress, but didn't purhase it until last weekend. She went into the store a couple of times to try it on and make sure she was picking the right dress. I've heard they can be pushy, but not with me, my mom, or my bridesmaids<strong>. There's also a great store in Harriman - Harriman Clothing Company. It's actually shares a store with Harriman Army/Navy. </strong>Good luck!
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

LOL I totally didn't read your response before I mentioned Harriman Clothing Company - too funny.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_mob-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:095b42f1-8ea8-4fc0-a38d-d20572d25202Post:7a451c17-7d47-4194-91b9-be1542ac5473">Re: MOB dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MOB dresses : LOL I totally didn't read your response before I mentioned Harriman Clothing Company - too funny.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

It's a GREAT store!! I've purchased two beautiful dresses there.
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom walked into some stores with no appt just 2 look around to get an idea. 
    Then we were out shopping one day and we walked into MeMe's in Larchmont, without an appt. and she found her dress! 

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom looked at the Town SHop and Julie Allen in CT but ended up geting a great dress at Nordstroms!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_mob-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:095b42f1-8ea8-4fc0-a38d-d20572d25202Post:1d4ebacc-460c-4a7b-995f-0107030e5dd4">Re: MOB dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom looked at the Town SHop and Julie Allen in CT but ended up geting a great dress at Nordstroms!!!
    Posted by ssage[/QUOTE]

In Danbury? I always find great dresses there and at the Danbury Macys!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie Allen in Newtown (right after danbury)

But if you mean Nordstrom's, my SIL took her to the one in White Plains....I couldn't handle taking her dress shopping more than twice....and they did an awesome job. 

She did look in Danbury Macy's (we are so close to danbury that is where i love to shop)...but she didn't find what she wanted (and the selection at the time was not so good)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards