New York-Western

need help please=]

So we have someone doing our cake. Possibly have the location of where we are getting married. Getting our hair done is already taken care of, we have someone. But there are still some things that we need to get booked. Does anyone have any suggestions on somewhat cheap things such as:
photographer
limos
dj
places to get flowers
someone to do mine and the girls make up
and any ideas on places to have the reception=]

We are looking to stay in the wny area for our reception so if that helps at all with any of that.

Thank you=]

Re: need help please=]

• shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ- TMD Music is pretty cheap and come recommended to me by a few girls on this board. He used to be with CJ Sound which is one of the top DJ companies around. When I inquired about service, it was $550 for 5 hours which is a really good deal.

Limo- I heard Status and Affordable Limos were good companies. but prices will vary depending on what kind of limo/transportation you want.

Make-up- If you want to save money, just do your own!  Or if you don't think you do your makeup well enough, go to a department store and have them do your makeup ot show you how to apply it how you want it.

As far  as the rest, do you have price range/ budget you want to stay within?? What style are you looking for venue? If you give a little more detail of what you are looking for, it may be easier to make suggestions.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brittbritt69brittbritt69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you thank you I will look into those. Not to sure exactly what our budget is. I think we might look into a firehall. Not to sure yet. Oh and my FI's mom caters so it has to be somewhere where we can bring our own caterer.
  • edited December 2011
    Where in WNY were you looking exactly, Buffalo, suburbs?

Here's some rec's:

limos- zoladz has good prices

dj- cj sound

places to get flowers- lipinoga florist in clarence is amazing i was so happy!

make up- since someone is doing ur hair it might make sense to do your own, you could have a "spa" at hoem bachelorette and have a mary kay lady come and show you how to put it on
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vendors are out of Rochester, so I apologize if you're looking more for Buffalo, but my photographer is Robin Fox, and she's excellent. We had our e-pics session with her last summer and it was so much fun! She was definitely the best package - the right quality for the right money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I am not that certain about venues that let you bring in your own food, and of those that have ouitside caterers they usually have a list you have to pick from.  Have you considered having a tent wedding somewhere?  I was looking at some pics of really beautiful tents from all season rental.  

As far as vendors, I would reccomend priore for photos they are a little pricey but not as bad as others and they are professional.  The problem with cheap photogs is they get to be not as good so you have to at least go in the middle.  

I would reccomend Lipinoga's for flowers, they were really helpful in working in my budget, they gave me a price for all the flowers except the centerpieces and then I saw how much I had left in my flower budget and they made sample centerpieces for my pricepoints.  I ended up going with really nice ones tall on half the tables and less expensive shorten ones on the rest to save money and it still looked really nice.  

We didnt get a limo, we rented cars instead. 

You could go to capellos for makeup they do a nice job but since you are not getting your hair done I dont know if it would be worth the trip.  I would look for someone to come to your home, maybe someone that does nails too!  That could be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey congrats!
    I'm a photographer and I live in the Buffalo area! I haven't shot a lot of weddings yet because I recently graduated college in May and finally just got my first job with a wedding photographer. Depending on what you need, I'm sure we could figure out a price that would work for us both as long as you don't mind someone who doesn't have a lot of experience.

Here's my website:
    www.mainstreetphotography.weebly.com

I have some of my work from weddings under the 'weddings' tab.
    Use the contact form if you are interested!
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Wendy Mitchell Photography.  I chose her because her work is amazing and so are her prices!  www.wendymitchellphotography.com

We are using S&S Limosine and got a deal from them at a Bridal Show.  We wanted a limo bus and we are paying $900 for 5 hours.  That seemed pretty reasonable because most places quote you around that price for only 4 hours.

We are using Signature Entertainment for our DJ and lighting.  They are run by Mike Setlock who has worked for many local radio stations.  He's super personable and their prices are average.

We are using Maureen's Wholesale for flowers and our appt. is in March.  From what I hear, she's the best in Buffalo and because she's wholesale, her prices are great too.

For makeup, I'm doing my own as I'm a makeup artist and have worked for Clinique for many years. 

Our reception site does not allow outside caterers, but my friend recently had her reception at the Hamlin House and it was amazing!  I believe they allow outside caterers.  It's downtown in Allentown and it had a lot of character.  www.hamlinhouserestaurant.com Another option is the Lodge Auction house in South Buffalo.  Another friend of mine just booked there and I know they allow outside catering b/c she is using Lucarelli's.  www.thelodgeauction.com
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • edited December 2011
    We just signed with CR Photography (although I believe on their website it is spelled CR Fotography) - their basic package is $900 which includes your standard coverage and an engagement session, and you get to pick and choose what other things you want within your budget (such as a high res DVD of your photos, prints of your photos, etc). 

Saxman slim does DJ and live music for $600-$800 for 5 hours depending on what month your wedding is in.

Advantage limo has reasonable prices, and status will match any competitor's price
  • coyspro2509coyspro2509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Alison from Lovern Photography  Their prices are very competitive, and they offer a digital package too.   (www.lovernphotography.com).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards