North Carolina

I Think Im Done

You know, I started "knotting" to get answers to some of my quesitons and advice from people going through the same things I am going through planning a wedding.  I did not sign up for people constanly throwing jabs at me when they don't even know me and doesn't have the nerve to even show her face around the boards.  Im not talking about opinions that differ from mine, because I am pretty laid back, Im talking about the trolls who have nothing better to do because misery loves company.   I deal with stupidity every day at work- the last place I need it is on a wedding planning message board.

I sadly think I am done.  I have stuck it out, but ever since my very 1st post on this board the same person has replied to EVERY post I have made- EVERY POST- with something smart, rude and inconsiderate.  I just don't have time for it in my wedding planning.  I have really enjoyed the board, with the exception, and will miss knotting.  It is my escape from work and place to sort things out, but I don't need it that bad. Thanks to all the brides that answered my questions and gave me advice.  Good luck to all the ladies planning weddings.  I wish you all the best with your upcoming nuptuals.

Re: I Think Im Done

• grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure - but I think that you can block specific people on here - may want to ask Laud about it.  I would hate to see you leave if there is a way to prevent that person from affecting you.  Frown
  • edited December 2011
    Don't leave!  You just have to ignore Andrea, the rest of us do unless we're bored and want to argue.  I like trying to help fellow brides and hear stories from people going through the same stuff as me.  If you really do want to leave you can friend a bunch of us on facebook, most of us are in the NC Knotties group!  That way you can still talk to us without dealing with some people who have no purpose to annoy others.
  • edited December 2011
    I think Grace is right about being able to block certain people.  Didn't Mel or someone say something about it when the new layout popped up?  I can see "report" and "block" under everyone's posts.  Try clicking that to get rid of Andrea!
  • edited December 2011
    I completely understand your frustration, but I hope you'll reconsider. Over time - the benefit and friendships I've received with the other ladies far outway troll remarks in the long run. Click the gray Block link to the left under her post, and then you'll never have to see what she posts again. And as long as all brides learn to completely ignore her, or right out block her, we all win! :)
  • allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please don't go--don't allow someone to have that kind of power over you. I agree with PP about the blocking thing. Try that first--We don't want you to go!
    BTW, are we FB friends?
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    YES, the block feature (which I have been anxiously awaiting for this very reason) will allow you to never see that person's posts ever again. I encourage EVERYONE to click Block whenever you see a Troll post.

Dont go!! Katherine put it very eloquently, the friendships you make (which flourish even off the board!!) outweigh one a*hole.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Aww please dont leave!!! I have to totaly agree with the other posts! Block her and stay with us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    i think somone's rubber band is on to tight.  you asked for an opinion and i'm intitled to give it.  next time just say aundrea not invited. 

i agree with other people.  etiquitte doesn't matter here.  she said something bad about you so she's off the list.
  • LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok- Block is done!  I am so excited about that feature and didn't know it was there.  I just got so SO tired of every thing I posted she had something to say.  I really wish she would move on.  It not that she "got" to me, she just reminds me of the ignorate people I deal with almost every day with their pointless comments, and I don't need to deal with them here.  Thanks girls!!  I'll stick it out till the wedding bells ring!

And no, I am not FB friends with any of you- so add me!  My email LBM7189 at yahoo should let you find me.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wooo for you staying! :)

I must point out. . .she spelled her name wrong. . . that or her Knottie name is spelled wrong

:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    andrea!!! you spelled your name wrong AGAIN! you should work on that!  Tongue out

LB - don't leave the board just b/c someone is bothering you.  there is so much support and friendship here for you and i think it is well worth overlooking and ignoring the negative fedback.  Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Amanda, stick around and keep the block on!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    lb needs to get her facts right.  she put EVERY in caps that i respond to everyone of her posts.  actually i saw i was bothering her by her posts and intentionally did not post to her posts. 

lb just needs to get the facts right first before accusing someone of something
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LBM, glad you're sticking around! :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards