New York-Western

CJ Sound- what have you heard?

Hi ladies!
I haven't been on in awhile- we have had a lot of family illness and, unfortunately, wedding planning has taken a back seat! Anyhoo- what have you heard about CJ Sound? We are having our reception @ Salvatore's and CJ Sound is the recommended DJ.  Music is REALLY important to me, so I want to make sure we go with the right person!
Thanks!!!

Re: CJ Sound- what have you heard?

• pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using CJ Sound for our January wedding.  I was very impressed with them when we met with them and that's why we booked them over the other DJ company we met with, Whirlin Disc - now that was a terrible meeting!
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • juliejozensjuliejozens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am using cj sound for my reception at salvatore's. i'd be interested to know how it goes so, if you could shoot me an a message after your wedding for your review and the name of your dj, i'd appreciate it :)
  • MellyOAnnMellyOAnn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe my brother and his wife used them for their reception and they were terrific.  They did a great job of keeping things flowing, keeping the guests involved and the dance floor packed.  Their reception was a Suzanne's Fine Dining in Wheatfield, by the way.
  • ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had contacted them, and they were very impersonal.  What turned me off is that they sent me their contract (which was poorly written) and expected me to sign it before scheduling a meeting with them.  I really wanted to meet the DJ that would be handling our event - to see personality.  Needless to say, we went with someone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • eccleopard18eccleopard18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance's brother used CJ for their wedding in October and they were terrible.  All the songs that they asked him to play example, their first dance, bridal party dance, mother son dance last song... all skipped to the point were it had to be turned off.  he just said huh i bought this cd today.  he obviously scratched the cd he put it on and didnt check it.  they were so upset because those songs were very important to them obviously.  Also he was playing crappy music and no one was dancing and several people had to tell him to due something else because no one knew the music he was playing and it was a younger crowd.  sorry hope they improved
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards