California-San Diego
Options

Help needed from a Florida bride :)

Hi girls! So, after the stress of planning a wedding, I have decided to elope. I have two best friends that live in San Diego, so my fiance and I are thinking of going there to elope and then stay for a "honeymoon". Do any of you have suggestions for officiants and/or cheap places to perform a ceremony (preferably besides the beach). Also, do you have suggestions for a nice place for dinner afterwards? Thank you all so much!

Nicole

Re: Help needed from a Florida bride :)

• Options
    MrsBarrsMrsBarrs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Not sure if you're familiar with Temecula, CA its about an hour from San Diego and is known for its winery's. Anyways, there's this beautiful Lake called Harveston with a breathtaking gazebo overlooking the lake. It's free of charge and is first come first serve as far as setting up a wedding ceremony. You definitely won't be disappointed! Many people aren't aware and therefore you hardly ever see weddings held out there but when they are its AMAZING!!! There's also a restaurant called Bailey's in old town Temecula that has private rooms to accommodate small dinner parties/receptions etc. I live in the area and would be more than happy to assist you in planning your special day. I'm a wedding coordinator who's starting out and need the experience. It would definitely be FREE of charge to you and your husband to be...you can email me at sherellebarrs@gmail.com or reply to my inbox. I'll do whatever research you need done
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This officiant is very very well respected in the wedding industry in san diego, and does quite a few elopements around san diego:

If you email him, he will help you out with all your location questions.  

As far as dinner/hotel--the Hotel Del in Coronado is very very nice.  La Valencia in La Jolla is also very nice.  
    But first, email Rev. Tuttle. He is great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a photographer, Unveiled Wedding has an elopement package...great photos, really experienced, and fun....:)  Website is www.unveiledwedding.com.

You could just get married on the beach in Coronado or at Cuvier park in La Jolla....both very lovely, and then go to the Hotel Del for dinner, or George's in La Jolla. 

Have fun and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards