New Hampshire

DIY project

I have been working on my aisle runner.  I am wicked excited that it is almost done!  The pictures below show how the painting came out.  The only thing left to do is cute the cardboard tube shorter and feed in the pull string :)

I also worked on my cardbox, but i am not sure how i feel about that quite yet...
~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY project

• amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!! very cute idea.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They both look great!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great job!  I like them both a lot
  • edited December 2011
    Love the runner! How did you do that? Looks so cool!
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very nice!  I really want to do one myself, but I'm not sure my venue allows it.  I keep dragging my feet on asking them, though!

What material did you use?  It doesn't look like one of the runners from Michaels, etc., did you make the whole thing yourself?
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    I decided to completely do it myself.  I didn't love the ones at Michaels, because they were really thin and a little plasticy.  I bought a thin cotton muslin.  I then used the special iron on hem stuff to hem both ends.  I bought the fabric at Joanne.  I asked them for one of the circular cardboard tubes that they had left after someone had bought the material.  I ironed the material and wrapped it around.  You have to make sure it is nice and tight.  I then did the painting part.  It was a bit more expensive (I got the material when joanne had a 50% off sale.  Total cost between the material, paints, brushes, and hem sticky paper it was $49.  I think it was worth it though, because i just really like the material a lot more.  The nice part is you can buy whatever length you need.
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great!  You're very talented.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Did you free hand the lettering or did you use a stencil? I love this idea!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support guys :)

I created the monogram in word.  I downloaded a few free scripts online until i found one i really liked.  I followed a tutorial that i found on youtube to create a monogram.  Once i had the monogram done, I just needed to print it to actual size.  I saved my document as an imageI with the help of my FI who is way more computer savy than i am.  All I had to do then was trace it on to the material.  If you decide to do it, make sure you put wax paper under the material so that the paint doesn't seep through and get onto the table.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips!!! Great ideas!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards