Oregon

Need hair/makeup recommendations for Portland

I'm getting married @ The World Forestry Center (by the Zoo) in November. Looking for recommendations for hair/makeup. NW Portland area would be great. Anybody use Blush Beauty Bar or Dosha and like it????

I am also looking for a hair salon - the last one I tried about 6 months ago did a horrible job trimming my hair! I haven't had it cut since! I live out in Forest Grove but am willing to drive into Portland for someone good.

Re: Need hair/makeup recommendations for Portland

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always rec Teal Salon in Sellwood for hair.  In the interest of full disclosure, yes my sister in law works there, but I started going to them long before she worked there and she's not my stylist anyway Tongue out  They are all about customer service and really listen to what you want.  In nearly 10 years with them, I've had two times that I can think of that I was unhappy with my hair after a couple of days and they immediately brought me back in and fixed it.  503 517 0725.

As far as makeup, Amy at Bella Pearl did mine.  She did an amazing job.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend just had her make up trial at Blush and it looked great!!

So far as hair goes, I go to Revolution Salon it's on Barbur next to the Original Pancake house.  I go to Betsy and I have never had a bad experience.  I have been going there for almost 4 years and I rarely actually vocalize what I want, but Betsy almost makes my hair look amazing.  If only I could bring her home with me ;)

HTH!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I also see Betsy at Revolution. She does great coloring.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommedations I will check them out. Do you know if Betsy @ Revolution is taking new clients?
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Nicole Wagner Makeup. She does absolutely BEAUTIFUL work. Laughing
    http://www.nicolewagnermakeup.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Nicole Wagner and AJ Lane have both been highly recommended on this board for years, and do excellent work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards