North Carolina
Options

MOH vent

I want to preface this by saying in NO way am I a bridezilla, I really do not care about everything being perfect, and it being all about me, and all the blah blah blah, BUT... 

My MOH and I went shopping today for  rehearsal dinner dress, cause I kinda forgot about it... well, we walk into one of the stores in Smithfield, and I see this beautiful dress that I LOVE!! I tried on my usual size, and it didn't fit very well. I said to MOH, well I am going to have to go to the store at home and get it. MOH says, " Its in my size, I am going to get it too! But, don't worry I wont wear it to your rehearsal dinner." Well, I said, well if you are getting it then I am not getting it... we are not twins or anything." Her response is, "OK, I'll get it." 

Are you KIDDING me? So now, I still have no rehearsal dinner dress... ugh! My MOH by the way is a MOHzilla. My other BMs hate her... which kinda sucks, but they are sucking it up for me.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MOH vent

• Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry she's being like that. Is she usually like that? Or is it the saying that weddings bring out the worst in people?

~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I don't really understand what the big deal is if she said she had no intention of wearing it for your wedding festivities.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't quite get it either, as long as she doesn't wear it to your wedding festivities, then go get the dress.  Sorry though that you are having trouble with her. 
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's just a RD dress.  Only she will know that she has it too.
  • Options
    janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tough one.  I understand where you are coming from... I don't like having the same clothes as my friends.. but then again, if you really love the dress I would get it and try to not let it bother you to much. 

I do think as your MOH, she should have let you have the dress, so that stinks.  hopefully her attitude will get better.  Sorry about that.. good luck. 
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should go shopping with someone else next time.  But if you didn't want her to get the dress you should have mentioned it to her.

I don't know if she is the type of person to try and upstage you, but if she is, she might wear it to your rehersal anyways. 

I understand that I want to look unique, and not wear a dress that my MOH wore two weeks earlier to a party with friends and family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe she was getting it to wear to another event.  As long as it's not to your rehearsal or any of your wedding events, I wouldn't worry about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else...I would go back and get the dress since she's not planning on wearing it to the RD.  But, I'm sorry she's being difficult in general.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is the type that would just wear it because she wants some spotlight on her. Our entire life has been like this, I buy something... she buys it too. Its really quite annoying. My MOH wants to be different then everyone at all times... she wanted her dress to be different, her flowers to be different, I know it may not have sounded that bad cause its hard to explain our whole life... maybe its all the other little crap that has built up that made this a big deal to me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_moh-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:76ba4d20-44a5-4938-b8a9-f5b4c697e8e9Post:a0922af1-3ee1-44d7-8cd3-d274169ed9f5">Re: MOH vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]My MOH is the type that would just wear it because she wants some spotlight on her. Our entire life has been like this, <strong>I buy something... she buys it too</strong>. Its really quite annoying. <strong>My MOH wants to be different then everyone at all times</strong>... she wanted her dress to be different, her flowers to be different, I know it may not have sounded that bad cause its hard to explain our whole life... maybe its all the other little crap that has built up that made this a big deal to me. 
    Posted by mne0617[/QUOTE]

These things are contradictory. 

Even if she dyes her hair to match yours, wears the same dress and dates your FI's identicle twin, it's not really going to matter.  People know who they're there for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not go shopping with her anymore then. :)  Im sure there is an even nicer RD dress out there, just go find it sans MOH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea it will be alright. I do understand, the whole life and how it builds up then burst I can't deal with it anymore.  Just find a great new dress. Its only the RD.  Happy shopping!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't think this is a big deal.....i actually had the same problem....i bought a dress for my RD and my best friend's mom wanted the same dress (different color) we compromised on me wearing mine to rehearsal dinner and her wearing hers to the wedding.....in the end we both found dresses we liked better anyways. mine is still in the closet waiting for honeymoon, lol

if you totally can't get over this then i suggest you go shopping by yourself. its just a RD dress, there are plenty of dresses to chose from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards