Iowa-Des Moines

Anyone from NW Iowa?

I ladies, I post regularly on the MN board, but I have a question for you guys!
FI and I are planning on living where he is from after the wedding, around Okoboji. I am looking for a marketing internship in that area this summer, and was wondering if any of you know any places that are looking for one, or any suggestions?

Some background about me. FI and I got engaged this past July, and are getting married in May 2012. We both attend MN State Mankato. And our wedding colors are deep purple, lavender and, grey.

TIA :)

Re: Anyone from NW Iowa?

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any thing for you, but wanted to say Welcome!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011

I opened a branch office for my former employer in Spencer, IA, years ago.  It is up in that neck of the woods.  Since I worked for a financial planner, that is mainly what I am familiar with. 

I don't think they kept that office open; but, some ideas for marketing for you:  the hospital, long term care facilities, resorts, etc.

Congrats on your engagement and welcome!  :)

• edited December 2011
    Thank you very much ladies! I didn't think I'd get much luck on this board, since I know there isn't many people from Northwest Iowa. But thanks for your advice Soon2Be, and also thank you for the warm welcomes :)
  • jcdirectorjcdirector member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I am orignally from Northwest Iowa..whoop whoop.  Currently I live in South Eastern South Dakota, but will be making it back to Okoboji for my wedding on July 16th.  Since I was born and raised in the lakes area, I do have some suggestions for you.  There are always people coming around for the summer looking for internships/ jobs, but some people are looking for individuals who can stay with the company for a longer period of time.  Play this card. 

Some resources to use for jobs around the area:
    1. Local Newspapers (Spencer Daily Reporter, Lakes Shopper, etc.)
    2. Iowa Lakes Community College (they have three campuses within 30 min. of Spirit Lake area...maybe something would come up around there)
    3. Hospitals
    4. Resorts...there are many places up there looking for people with those skills.

Surrounding Communities that you can look for jobs in:
    1. Lake Park
    2. Jackson, MN
    3. Lakefield, MN
    4. Estherville
    5. Milford
    6. Okoboji
    7. Spirit Lake
    8. Spencer

Just don't give up.  It can be a tough market around that area because people don't move to often and they liked to live around there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards